PDA

View Full Version : Halftone is not working!!!

kim.74445
2005-04-13, 06:25 PM
This is the second time that I have had the following problem...can anyone offer me any advice or at least let me know that they share my frustration :(

I am working on an electrical plan and have selected everything to be halftone except for the electrical fixtures. It looks fine on the screen, but when I plot it, no halftone! Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Doug
2005-04-13, 07:05 PM
Are you printing in Color or Black & White. I print to a pdf file using the color. If I print black and white there is no gray scale.

Hope this helps
Doug

kim.74445
2005-04-13, 07:37 PM
I plotted it in color using both Vector and Raster Processing and it showed lighter with Raster processing, but it showed so light that it wasn't legible. Can you think of anything else I could try?

trent59822
2005-04-13, 07:52 PM
The half tone is 50%. I find it very hard to read like you discussed. The only other option I would recommend is to change the color of the object style to a dark gray like a 75%. This is a very time consuming process if you have a lot of items to change. I believe the powers that there should be a variable adjustment of halftone. I hope this helps.

beegee
2005-04-13, 09:40 PM
Actually there is a quick and easy workaround for this.

Instead of selecting the Halftone checkbox, select the Line style Over ride button next to it ( Cut or Projection as appropriate )

In the dialog box, you can set over-rides for Line Colour, Line Pattern and Line Thickness.

Pick a colour or set to a darker grey tone.

This is a view specific setting.