PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Things I learned at AU

Scott D Davis
2003-12-12, 05:26 AM
10. David Conant's Avatar, actually is David Conant!
9. In Revit, you can use the Attach Top/Bottom tool to attach a curtain wall top to the top of a hole in a wall created with the Edit Elevation Profile tool.
8. In Revit, you can use a Reference Plane to attach a wall top to.
7. Steve Stafford looks much taller (and very different!) in his Avatar! (edit: in his OLD avatar!)
6. In Revit, when creating complex 3D geometry, it's all about the Void! (voids are as important as solid geometry)
5. When rendering in Revit, never, EVER use the Accurender default sky and clouds if you want realistic images. (or the Red Porche!)
4. Importing an AutoCAD 3D model into a family will allow Revit to cut sections through the geometry.
3. Once inside the MGM Grand Hotel, you really don't need to go outside again for days!
2. Schedules rock! Use schedules for as much data entry/change as possible! Its much easier to access/change/input data into a schedule than into the model in many instances.
1. Revit 6.0 is gonna be incredible! The ability to change a Temp Dim to an actual Dimension....just one of the MANY new features that make Revit even more user friendly!

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-12, 05:46 AM
Say...where is Wesley Benn and his photos of the gang at AU anyway? Must be off traveling the world again?

beegee
2003-12-12, 06:37 AM
10. David Conant's Avatar, actually is David Conant!
Noooo, can't be.

9. In Revit, you can use the Attach Top/Bottom tool to attach a curtain wall top to the top of a hole in a wall created with the Edit Elevation Profile tool.
Sounds good. Let me just think about when I may need to attach a curtain wall to the top of a hole. (JK )

8. In Revit, you can use a Reference Plane to attach a wall top to.

Cool. Didn't know that. Always used levels.

7. Steve Stafford looks much taller (and very different!) in his Avatar! (edit: in his OLD avatar!)
But, he's still being considered for the part of Gimli in LOR IV ?

6. In Revit, when creating complex 3D geometry, it's all about the Void! (voids are as important as solid geometry)

You're saying its all a big fat nothing ?

5. When rendering in Revit, never, EVER use the Accurender default sky and clouds if you want realistic images. (or the Red Porche!)

What colour Porche are we allowed to use ?

4. Importing an AutoCAD 3D model into a family will allow Revit to cut sections through the geometry.

Nice one ! ( But I don't use Autocad )

3. Once inside the MGM Grand Hotel, you really don't need to go outside again for days!
I find that once I'm inside any Hotel/pub the same thing applies. Until the beer runs out.

2. Schedules rock! Use schedules for as much data entry/change as possible! Its much easier to access/change/input data into a schedule than into the model in many instances.

Cool.

1. Revit 6.0 is gonna be incredible! The ability to change a Temp Dim to an actual Dimension....just one of the MANY new features that make Revit even more user friendly!
Can't wait. ( Will 6.0 be better than sex ? ) ( Old New Zealand joke :wink: )

gregcashen
2003-12-12, 07:41 AM
at least with Revit you don't get "hooved" as much...

Edit. Well the Kiwis are laughing !

Rols
2003-12-12, 01:48 PM
Scott,
May I add one quick item to your list:
When someone asks you "Can you build that in Revit?", the answer is always "YES!" (thank you Jim Balding).

hand471037
2003-12-12, 04:19 PM
We use the heck outta schedules, and we get our low-billing admin staff to help out. We tell them it's just like Excel, sit them down with redmarks/data entry, and we're good to go... No need to even show them the rest of Revit!

Scott D Davis
2003-12-12, 04:41 PM
In 6.0, the schedules will be even more like Excel, with the ability to add formulas, and Filters which can be applied to schedules to show only what you want!

Scott D Davis
2003-12-12, 06:20 PM

Well....let's just say I'm getting more Revit lately...... :shock:

gregcashen
2003-12-12, 06:21 PM
yo tambien

christopher.zoog51272
2003-12-12, 06:57 PM
[quote:5f4ae7bc56="beegee"]

Well....let's just say I'm getting more Revit lately...... :shock:[/quote:5f4ae7bc56]

bahhhwaaah ha ha ha :lol: :lol:

i spit out my coffee on that one.