PDA

View Full Version : View Range "Nudge" +\-

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-15, 02:22 AM
To fine tune a plan I find lately that I have been "toggling" the view range up and down to do something and then back. Namely the process of using Linework to show a major feature above with "overhead" lines.

I picture a display of current view depth with a value field then a plus button and a minus button.

You see what the depth is, enter a value (ie: 1 inch, 1 foot, 3 ft. increment value in other words) then press the plus or minus to move the view range up or down temporarilyby that value.

"Installation is the reverse of removal"

PeterJ
2003-05-15, 11:14 AM
The default by which you stepped up or down should also be user specified, so ordinarily it might be set at 300 mm, but you could set it to 15000 for example in order to get a site plan view.

P

Phil Palmer
2003-05-15, 11:26 AM
I would also like to see the 'view range' settings appear in an elevation or section view. (maybe a visibility setting)

In a similar manner to the crop regions - where we could then graphically move the view range handles and cut plane offset.
I still get quite confused with the View Range dialogue as it stands and would be more comfortable with a graphical option to achieve this.

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-15, 09:47 PM
User set...that's what I had in mind, that wasn't clear? Guess I'd better sharpen the pencil. :D

A view template that let you view all levels and view range cut planes would be handy from time to time, to get it all in "context"?