PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Remove project from Project Manager without deleting the project

dervin
2023-05-04, 02:28 PM
It appears that Autodesk has not provided a way to remove projects from the Project Manager without deleting the projects. I want to be able to select a project (one at a time) in Project Manager and remove it from the list but not delete the project from the network server. If not, it should be possible. You cannot work forever and continually build up projects in the Project Manager. I can't believe you didn't provide a way to manage it in "Project Manager". It's more like a model and drawing manager than a project manager.

dervin
2024-07-29, 05:37 PM
In Plant 3D Project Manager, does right-click project name, close project, only remove from project manager list? I want to only remove from Project Manager list but leave all the project files on the server.

Ed Jobe
2024-07-31, 07:48 PM
Caveat, I don't use P3D. I did some research, and I doubt that closing a project would delete files. You should be able to reopen a project by browsing to it's project file. You can test this by creating a test project, adding a file (make a copy of something), and then closing the test project. Browse to the folder where it was to see if the files were deleted. I installed P3D and opened and closed the Sample Project several times.