PDA

View Full Version : Elevation generates FLAT?

jeffh
2005-04-14, 03:08 PM
Not sure what the problem might be here. We place an elevation marker adjust the ends of the elevation line to include what we want. Now we open up the new elevation view and it is flat as a pancake. Sometime you get a handle to pull up the top of the crop region so you can see what you want but other times the handle is not there. If we select the crop region and try to change the size from the properties toolbar and any value we put in would get blanked out and it would go back to 0. Anyone have any ideas? I thought the default height of elevation was supposed to be from the level the mark is placed upon up to the next level. Why would it be generating these 0 height elevations?

Jeff Hanson

sfaust
2005-04-14, 03:18 PM
I've also been getting elevation or section cuts that are cut by default from like 80 feet above or below the model to 90 feet. Nothing is there until you move the crop region way up or down. Strange, I wonder if it's the same thing?

christopher.zoog51272
2005-04-14, 04:14 PM
Can you post the project? or a stripped down version of it? Do you have a another level just above the level you are putting the elevation marker on? is there another level above at all? Sometimes Revit will auto-crop the elevation to next level above (i.e. interior elevations), but you should always be able to adjust it no matter what.

-Z

sbrown
2005-04-14, 04:15 PM
my guess is there is a dwg or something that is very long and you are really getting a very long elevation.

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-14, 04:28 PM
Any chance you used the feature, Relocate This Project?

patricks
2005-04-14, 04:51 PM
my guess is there is a dwg or something that is very long and you are really getting a very long elevation.

Elevations shouldn't do that, since the blue elevation cut line in plan defines the width of the elevation view's crop region.

jeffh
2005-04-15, 03:17 PM
Attached is the file creating 0 height elevations. To answer some of the questions: No we did not use "relocate this project", there was one dwg file inserted into the file. There is one example of a 0 hgt elevation in this file currently. The elevation mark can be found on the "Sub level" plan and the elevation is interior elevation 1-a. If you open the elevation view the 0 hgt elevation is located on the bottom level line a little left of center (It is hard to find since it is just a line.) Thanks to anyone who wants to take a stab at figuring this out.

Jeff Hanson