PDA

View Full Version : LINKING WITH TOPOGRAPHY

dpasa
2005-04-14, 03:20 PM
File 1 : Property lines, toposurface, some subregions.
File 2 : The building with a toposurface and a pad.

Action 1: Link File2 into File 1. Because I have two toposurfaces, the pad is not working so I can't have the exterior stairs from the basement.

Action 2 : Go back to File 2 to erase the toposurface. I can't have the pad without toposurface.

Action 3 : Asking the following question. Is it possible to have the pad somehow in File 2 and not having to draw this in File 1?

Thanks in advance

aggockel50321
2005-04-14, 03:28 PM
Why a toposurface in both files??

Just the building in one & the a in the other?

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-14, 03:43 PM
...Is it possible to have the pad somehow in File 2 and not having to draw this in File 1?...A pad has to be in the same file as the topo surface you want it to affect.

The typical, if there is such a thing, approach would have you create a building project and a site project. Link the building into the site, establish its proper location and elevation, publish the coordinates to the building, place your pad(s). Now you can link the site into your building project using shared coordinates. The site will always show relative to the building based on the positioning you did in the site file.

You might only consider doing this if you have more buildings on the site or if it is a really big site and don't want to pay the performance price to keep them together.

dpasa
2005-04-14, 04:06 PM
We wanted to present the model of the house first, so I had to make a toposurface. Now, we will show all three houses (same houses in a property, different colors). So, I made the terrain model and now I want to link the files.
I would erase the toposurface of the house model but I loose the pad. That is the problem

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-14, 04:25 PM
...I would erase the toposurface of the house model but I loose the pad. That is the problem...Copy the site and pad, paste into the site project...remove the other topo?