PDA

View Full Version : Room numbers of same room differ on two plans

Tibor
2005-04-14, 03:38 PM
This is a puzzle.

Anyone know why the room tags show different numbers for the same room on the floor plan and reflected ceiling plan? And what I can do to fix it? I've tried deleting and reinserting tags, but no go. When I manually change the tag number on the reflected ceiling plan (which one shouldn't have to do!) a warning comes up about duplicate number values.
Since I will not be doing Revit's automatic room schedule, it's more of a curiosity than an emergency - but I'd still like to know what is going on.

Thanks!

stuntmonkee
2005-04-14, 03:40 PM
can you upload the file. . . .even if you eliminate everything around it except for those 4 walls and the room tag.

Tough to say from here, but if one of us could look at the file, I have a feeling we can find the problem.

Tibor
2005-04-14, 04:11 PM
As I was stripping down the drawing to minimize download time, the offending room tag automatically corrected itself - now tags in floor plan and reflected ceiling plan are back in sync. I will go through the same steps more slowly later today to see at what point this change takes place, and maybe find the offending element. So for now, uploading the file will not help you. In any case, thanks for your response.

stuntmonkee
2005-04-14, 04:29 PM
It was all part of my master plan. . . . .oh yeah. . . .D master plan

Tibor
2005-04-14, 05:01 PM
Your Master Plan worked!

I tried to insert a room tag showing room area. The attached picture shows the result - that the Boiler & Elec. Room is "not enclosed". So I added a room separation line along the door opening, removed the old tags from the reflected ceiling plan, and when I reinserted them, they automatically showed the same room number as the floor plan.

I still don't know what the real problem was, since we don't usually have to add room separation lines at doors. Although it's not that important now, if anyone has an explanation for this behavior, I am curious.

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-14, 05:20 PM
...I still don't know what the real problem was...My bet is wall joins at or near the columns. If you want to isolate a leak, place a room separation line down the middle of a space, keeping the existing tag on one side. See if the tag stops showing area, if it doesn't. Then try to tag the un-tagged space with a tag that shows area, you don't actually have to tag it to see if it's working or not, just hover the tag over the space. If it works...move the room separation line around until you've isolated the leak. (You can also use another wall instead of a room separation line)

Tibor
2005-04-14, 06:23 PM
Thanks Steve. That's a good general procedure.
Now that I've stopped panicking I realize that this was a rather small and localized item - not a corrupt file.