PDA

View Full Version : Annotations

stuntmonkee
2005-04-14, 03:44 PM
I have modified the basic annotations, and not had to many problems, but here at my new firm they like to schedule arch ways.

With any of your infinite wisdom's? Can any of you think of a way to do this so that when I tag an arch in elevation it pulls information from it, and then I can schedule them?

I've been tryin to get somethin to click in my head as to where to start with this, but nothing is falling into place. :banghead:

My gut says that I will have to create a tag and fill in the info myself, but i have been known to be wrong. . . .once. . . like 8 years ago

Thanks
Stunts

ejburrell67787
2005-04-14, 03:52 PM
Won't it depend on what your archway is in the model? If it is a door opening with an arched head then I assume you could schedule the opening? Or if it is a wall hosted generic model you could schedule that?

aaronrumple
2005-04-14, 03:53 PM
The arch is a generic family?
Make the parameters for the dimensiosn shared parameters and you'll be able to create both a tag and and schedule which display that information.

stuntmonkee
2005-04-14, 04:00 PM
no. . .well. . .i guess it could be, Thats kinda the problem. Sometime, like if its an interior opening, then i can just use a family. But for example, many times these are for shopping centers, and more or less its just a wall stacked on top of large columns, and then I modify the base of the profile to be the arch that I need.

Does that make sense. . . .maybe I should post a file. . . .hold.

stuntmonkee
2005-04-14, 04:06 PM
here-ya-go

ejburrell67787
2005-04-14, 04:13 PM
(without looking at your rvt file...!) You can schedule walls so maybe you need a wall family specifically and only for walls with arches in them...?

sbrown
2005-04-14, 04:16 PM
why not make your arches as doors, then they would schedule and you could then filter your schedule not to include them in your door schedule but have a second schedule for just arches.

stuntmonkee
2005-04-14, 04:22 PM
why not make your arches as doors, then they would schedule and you could then filter your schedule not to include them in your door schedule but have a second schedule for just arches.

not sure that would work for this instance. . . .unless maybe i created a door that was strictly just the arch, and a base line. . . .hmmmmm. . . .goin to have to think this one a bit more.