PDA

View Full Version : 2023 POINT CLOUD

dsw98
2023-09-26, 03:32 PM
I have a Point Cloud file I've brought into Revit. However, it has so much information I cannot actually see walls or windows or stairs. It's just a jumbled mess. I've tried adjusting the cut plane to many different heights, but it doesn't help. Any ideas how to clear out all the junk so I can see just walls? Or is this a Point cloud file problem? (see attached)
Thanks,

tedg
2023-09-26, 05:08 PM
It been a while since I worked with a point cloud.
What I've done is bring it into Revit and put it on a special workset you can globally turn off the visibility.
(that way it's "off" by default for all views, there may be a better way but it works for me)

Then, turn it ON while in "working" sections and plan views you can control the view range/depth.

Also can have it in a 3D view with section box, squeezed down to where you want to see the model.

I don't know if that helps but its more information :p

dsw98
2023-09-26, 06:37 PM
The problem I'm having is, even when I adjust the view range, I still can't see any definable walls or windows or any type of structure. It's just one big kaleidoscope of colors.

dsw98
2023-09-26, 06:56 PM
Well I may have figured out a small issue. I changed the scale on the Point Cloud. It looks like that is one thing NOT to do. I changed the scale back to its original setting and it's much easier to view.