PDA

View Full Version : Color Fill

al
2003-12-12, 04:09 PM
I am searching for a way to manage the colors of components added onto floor plans when the floor plan has been color filled. The color fill works great when in hidden-line view. Unfortunately a piece of furniture, for example, will only display opaque white in hidden-line view. The furniture will display as a material color in a shaded view but the color fill colors are re-intepreted by some method, I suppose with lighting because all colors are lightened. In shaded view the color fill color scheme colors are near impossible to work with because you are guessing what the color will look like when working in the Edit Color Scheme table. So, basically with what I know so far we probably won't be able to use color fill to color our plans because we need more ability to control colors of other overlay objects. AutoDesk support said there wasn't much more I could do than what I described above. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts? Thanks.

aaronrumple
2003-12-12, 05:13 PM
Simple - <sort of>

Make a Detail componet of your furniture using colored fills. Add this to your furniture family.

Then create an area plan and fill the rooms using the area plan tools. The furniture will display over the color fill of the areas.

Alternatly you can dump the plan out to photoshop. Make fills and than put that in behind tha floor plan.

This is an area that needs some improvement.

al
2003-12-12, 09:51 PM
That method will give the effect I am looking for. It is a little clunky however. The only way to change the color of the detail component color fill is to open the family and modify it there. I will also have to create a new component for each type of furniture we wish to use.

... after more investigation the surface pattern of a material controls the material in a hidden line view. Very nice. Case closed.

Thanks for the help.