PDA

View Full Version : 2021 SharedCoordinates fraction between my building

Mostafa
2024-01-17, 04:28 AM
We are doing 10 buildings on a plot with a specific distance between buildings. Always find a fraction when the dimension is at an accuracy of 0.0000001. I know it is a very tiny measurement that could be neglected by changing precession, but it gives me headaches to leave it as I tried to adjust the location many times. But always there are fractions, and we are not using any CAD in this process. Any thoughts?

bt.commenter343255
2024-01-28, 04:31 AM
We are doing 10 buildings on a plot with a specific distance between buildings. Always find a fraction when the dimension is at an accuracy of 0.0000001. I know it is a very tiny measurement that could be neglected by changing precession, but it gives me headaches to leave it as I tried to adjust the location many times. But always there are fractions, and we are not using any CAD in this process. Any thoughts?

If that's what the dimension says. That's what it is. You need to move the things around and align them to correct planes and lines.

Create a precise grid / layout scheme based on a consistent logic with no rounding errors or odd 0.000045 dimensions. Use column grids, footprints, major features, whatever you like, and get all the models aligned to it. Start big and then go down in scale to figure out where the errors are, check the dims for all the little buildings from that common layout. The various buildings can and will have little errors in them, you have to fix the problems at the large scale first, and then fix the smaller mistakes.

-->2nd thought: is your project located a long way from the revit 0,0 point? Revit can't deal with that. I think the underlying software framework is not as 'precise' as some other programs, to make it go more faster.

(this AUGI is a ghost town. I'm the 1st person to reply? you've probably solved it by now on your own...)