PDA

View Full Version : Word of caution - detailing

barathd
2005-04-16, 08:45 PM
This is what happened to me. I had several dozen details drawn at large scale. I wanted to incorporate these details into larger building sections. When I started to combined these details I needed to get rid of the annotation so it would not show in the smaller scale building section. Each of the details where a separate drawing unto themselves. I took one of these drawings - used the select all instances - and deleted the annotation. God lord - I totally erased all the annotation from my whole project. Is this the way the program should behave? When I pick "all instances" I assumed it would only apply to the current view I was in - doesn't seem to be that at all.

beegee
2005-04-16, 10:46 PM
Select all instances is project wide and is used to swap or delete all occurrences of families throughout, so that you don't have to open each view and search for the items.

To delete all instances within one view, select everything and use the filter to reduce the selection to just the categories required, which can then be changed or deleted.

Arnel Aguel
2005-04-17, 12:51 AM
Select all Instances is extremely useful for us because you can edit or change elements/components all at once in your project globally. This happens to us frequently changing door sizes for example and it's just like clicking once and you are done.

Martin P
2005-04-18, 07:18 AM
see this thread............
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=15624&highlight=instances