PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with sphere/logo

marcosf
2005-04-17, 07:10 PM
Can anyone please give me some directions on how to achieve something like the attached picture?

This was originally done in Viz (not by myself) and I only have a low resolution rendering. I want to re-create this logo and render it at a higher resolution to use it for marketing purposes.

Many thanks

studio3p
2005-04-17, 07:24 PM
If you need it for two dimensional purposes only, I recommend you recreate it in Photoshop. The texture and lighting look like candidates for filters and layer effects.

cosmickingpin
2005-04-17, 07:27 PM
You can recreate the massing of the shape with either massing or an inplace family. Play with the materials(start with a metal and play with the reflection, tone and color) , lights, (add some lights with the right color, at the right places), give the backgroud a black, (or blue to get the reflections you want, then change the BG to black with a image editing software (photoshop or the similar), and you are there. Render it out; shouldn't be too hard at all. Is that what you were asking? The process is remarkably similar to the process in viz.

Can anyone please give me some directions on how to achieve something like the attached picture?

This was originally done in Viz (not by myself) and I only have a low resolution rendering. I want to re-create this logo and render it at a higher resolution to use it for marketing purposes.

Many thanks

SCShell
2005-04-18, 01:59 PM
Hey there,

I think CosmicKingpin has the right idea. This is a great way to learn about rendering too. I would add some further thoughts.
Try doing this as a night rendering. That would solve your black background issue. Set your environment to night settings and use "studio lights" (thanks steve j.) for general lighting and some others for reflections. You can also change most lights used in Revit to accept colored lenses, like blue, to help get those material lighting accents needed.

Once rendered, just export it as a JPEG. (In the rendering selections, use capture and use export)

Good luck.
Looks like fun!
Steve

stuntmonkee
2005-04-18, 04:23 PM
You can also change most lights used in Revit to accept colored lenses, like blue, to help get those material lighting accents needed.

Really. . .where?

This would be a great feature, and I didnt think it existed, but would love for it to.

We talked about it in the post, and the thoughts were that you couldnt do that?

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=15880 :confused:

Would be great if we can do this though!

stuntmonkee
2005-04-18, 06:54 PM
oh, and on the topic of the post. . .depends on if you are goin to use it in 3d, or just as a 2D graphic.

after that decision is made, I'm sure you will get some more info.

marcosf
2005-04-18, 08:12 PM
I will be using the logo on 2d.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will play around a bit (or perhaps a lot) and if I get stuck I'll come back for more guidance.

Thanks