PDA

View Full Version : Display & Plot of edges of rendered 3D Solids

rbdome
2005-04-19, 02:11 AM
After I Render a Scene (combo of a Named View & selected defined Lights) of my 3D Solids architectural model with Photo Raytrace Render type with Shadows on (AutoCAD 2004), my display monitor does not show 3d solids edges, such as the monitor shows with shademode option: Gouraud shaded with edges on, before I issue the Render command

I want the edges to display in a rendering for graphic clarity, especially if I am rendering an elevation. But even a rendered perspective, with most edges defined by differences in light quantity striking the various planes and with shadows, etc. there are still edges that do not display because the edge of a plane in a foreground is against a plane in the background with the same light quantity striking the plane, thus making the edge invisible. I've tried creating various Distant "fill lights" at different angles & different intensities besides the main Distant Light (which simulates the Sun) used in combination with the Ambient light set between .35 to .50 The same "invisible edge" effect occurs in a plot of the rendering as well.

How can I get these edges to display & plot, most critically for elevation views ?

jaberwok
2005-04-19, 09:30 AM
After I Render a Scene (combo of a Named View & selected defined Lights) of my 3D Solids architectural model with Photo Raytrace Render type with Shadows on (AutoCAD 2004), my display monitor does not show 3d solids edges, such as the monitor shows with shademode option: Gouraud shaded with edges on, before I issue the Render command......How can I get these edges to display & plot, most critically for elevation views ?

Rendering is supposed to represent a "real world" result. Shading with highlighted edges is not. The slightest change in the materials (easiest would be colour) used for adjacent areas would probably give the effect you want quite quickly.
The alternative, I guess, would be to 1-Render and 2-Saveimg in wireframe and merge the two files in, say, Photoshop.