PDA

View Full Version : Fences that follow the terrain

roy.70844
2005-04-19, 02:20 PM
Hello Reviteers,

Any ideas about how I can make a railing follow the shape of the toposurface?

I have considered making a wall and editing the profile, but this is difficult as I don't seem to be able to make a 'long section' along the path of the railing (which contains curves)

All help gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Roy

glen.85659
2005-04-19, 02:28 PM
Have you tried creating a wall based component in the family creator. you then load this into your project and then click on your object and then select the topography and set it as the host.

DanielleAnderson
2005-04-19, 04:10 PM
I would love it if you could give us just a little more information, because it sounds like if this works, it could solve a lot of problems with curbs, etc.? I tried to create a wall based family, but it won't sit on anything but a wall and I didn't see a "set host" button.
Thanks!

beegee
2005-04-19, 10:34 PM
You won't be able to do it with a standard railing.

I would start by looking at a Site based family similar to the Au_Fence_Panel, but with either an extrusion that can be dragged along the site, or else with a parametric array of components.

Hello Reviteers,

Any ideas about how I can make a railing follow the shape of the toposurface?

I have considered making a wall and editing the profile, but this is difficult as I don't seem to be able to make a 'long section' along the path of the railing (which contains curves)

All help gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Roy

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-04-20, 12:14 PM
I did this very simple palisade fence as a Site Family. A Site Family is the only one that will follow the slope( I stand under correction). Try it out. The only hassle is you have to place the first panel then array, or panel by panel. The family is fully parametric