PDA

View Full Version : Printing: Colour Fills and Shaded 3D's

Chad Smith
2003-12-14, 11:32 PM
Refer attached DWF files.

I am having problems with drawings not printing to DWF properly. The same results are achieved when printing to PDF as well, so I'm lead to believe that it is a Revit problem.

1. When colour fills are present and when 3D views are shaded, the views are printed as images. These take a while to print and to load into Express Viewer. When the colour fills are removed and 3D's are set to hidden line, no problems.

2. My vertically rotated text is still vertical but each letter is rotated back to it's horizontal.

Are others getting the same results?

Taylor A
2003-12-15, 12:11 AM
Tried plotting your test rvt...it seemed to work fine for me.
See attached

Chad Smith
2003-12-15, 12:25 AM
The text seemed to work fine on yours. Could you try this file though, it has the colour fills and 3d as shaded.

Taylor A
2003-12-15, 04:20 AM
It still works down here.......both the pdf and dwf. I haven't attached the pdf.....it is about 600K

Garn
2003-12-15, 05:05 AM
I've seen this problem (no 1) before with color fills causing the views printing as images. -ie fuzzy wall lines.

Revit support told me that it was the behaviour of Revit. I'd call it a design flaw (bug).

My workaround was to duplicate the view without color fill and then superimpose it onto the color fill view on the sheet. The legend remains fuzzy however needs to be recreated with room separation lines and text and the original concealed. Yuk. But the results were acceptable.

Chad Smith
2003-12-15, 06:27 AM
Taylor: Your text comes out alright, but the views are still images that have a poor resolution.

Garn: I'll have to give it a go. I would call it a bug too. I see no reason why it shouldn't be able to be displayed as vector graphics.

beegee
2003-12-15, 06:44 AM
Chad,

Have you tried selecting Raster processing rather than Vector ?