PDA

View Full Version : Multi Category tag for walls

sfaust
2005-04-19, 10:09 PM
Ok, trying to tag some curtain walls as windows, so I was searching through old posts and someone mentioned using a multi-category tag. However, when I add a shared parameter to a wall, it allows it to be tagged by the multi-category tag, but it will not show up in a multi-category schedule...

what am I doing wrong?

sfaust
2005-04-21, 06:32 AM
Ok, this is getting frustrating. I can tag the curtain wall with a multi-category tag in plan, but not in elevation (walls don't tag in elevation) and it will tag, but not show up in a multi-category schedule. I can make a window schedule, but that won't pick up the wall. I could, I suppose, try to make a window family that looks like a curtain wall, but that doesn't look as good, and is much less flexible.

Factory? How is this supposed to work? Or am I going about it the wrong way? How are others handling this?

sfaust
2005-04-22, 04:18 AM
am I really the only one who's come accross this?

sfaust
2005-10-31, 08:28 PM
After running accross this again I think I've come up with a reasonable workaround. For each section of curtain wall that needs to be tagged, create an in-place family of the window variety. The family should have just one invisible model line along the sill of the storefront. This will let you tag the invisible line in plan, section, and elevation and it will appear to be tagging the curtain wall. This will also allow it to show up in a schedule. If you have multiple's of the same exact curtain wall, you may have to make an actual family the same way in order to get it to count correctly.

jkendsersky
2005-11-01, 03:31 PM
I think you need to create new curtain wall panel family but use the Window - Curtain Wall.rft template file. This way you'll be able to tag your panels like windows in plan and elevation.

I hope this helps

sbrown
2005-11-01, 04:08 PM
Thats too easy, Joe.

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-01, 04:14 PM
Isn't the issue he's asking about that the entire curtain wall can't be tagged as a whole, like other walls can't be tagged in elevation. THIS SUBJECT (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=211802) came up in another thread yesterday.

sfaust
2005-11-01, 05:01 PM
Yeah, as far as getting a tag that shows up right, that's fine, I can take one panel and make it a curtain wall window, but then it will not schedule correctly. I may have to play with the "curtain wall as a curtain wall panel" thing in the thread that Steve linked to. But what I really want to do is tag the whole curtain wall as one window type. It's common enough, there should be a way to do this.

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-01, 05:04 PM
...But what I really want to do is tag the whole curtain wall as one window type. It's common enough, there should be a way to do this...What I was also alluding to (in that thread) is you can pretend on curtain wall panel IS the whole and use that tag to identify it. Then you just have to make sure the wall tag you use in plan, if you do, reports the same value. Yucky but it would work...:smile: