PDA

View Full Version : Help! - Can you lock the scale in the sheets?

A3D
2005-04-19, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone!

Tomorrow I have a deadline and this is the very first project I'm doing using Revit. Things went very nice along except a few hitches. I'll detail those a bit later except one that bothers me a lot.

What happens:
I started doing sheets in order to plot the project.
When I change the scale of a floor plan (I do this quite a lot) or the state of the crop region, the same effect happens on the sheet. This would be interesting if the position of the floor on the sheet wouldn't vary every time I change scale.
Question:
Is there a way to lock the floor plan on the sheet in a precise position that does not depend on the crop region and scale?
Is there a way to have several floors in the same position on different sheets?

Thank you

Lashers
2005-04-19, 11:20 PM
I don't think so.

I suggest you get the plans looking right and then drag to sheet, because even if you manage to keep the plan in the same place. The title and scale info will be all over the place.

Good Luck!

aaronrumple
2005-04-19, 11:22 PM
If you are switching scales of a view often - what you need is another view at a different scale. Duplicate your plan view.

You can pin a view to a sheet. However, it doesn't prevent the view from changing scale - just pins the view location. Maybe this is what you want. Seems to also preserve the location as crop regions are adjusted. (A new one for me...)

You can stack several plans on one sheet. I use this all the time for different effects such as showing the walls dashed below the roof.

A3D
2005-04-19, 11:44 PM
Thank you for the early reply.

I pinned the floor plan and it looks like it's stays in the same place even if I change scale.
As for duplicating the view, I thought about it but I wasn't sure. I tried something like having 2 view for the same floor: a view for work (where I can change scale and detail as often as I please) and the another one for "plot". This last one would be then posted on the sheet.

As I'm new to Revit I'm wondering whether is a good solution. I'm not sure if the details done in the first view (the one for "work") will show in the second one and consequently on the sheet.

aaronrumple
2005-04-20, 12:09 AM
I do just as you say most of the time. Works very well. Details won't be place automatically in the main view, but you can copy paste it over quick enough. Most of the time I just use my extra WK view for 3D modeling objects.

daniel.hurtubise70031
2005-04-20, 10:43 AM
Aaron, regarding your comment that say : You can stack several plans on one sheet. I use this all the time for different effects such as showing the walls dashed below the roof.

How do you get the line to show dashe ? Do you change it in the object styles or use the linework tools. if you do it in the object styles, how do you deal with the rest of the wall in the project ?

aaronrumple
2005-04-20, 01:15 PM
I do it with object styles. Not the Settings->Objects styles, but Visibility Graphics Overrides. I turn off all but the walls. Set the view to wireframe and override the walls' projection line style.