PDA

View Full Version : putting paintings/mirrors on walls

harkeychad
2005-04-20, 02:14 PM
I am trying to put mirrors in the bathrooms on all floors of a custom home. I am missing a step somewhere since when I put it in, it does not go on the wall. I shoot a camera view of the area and see it in the room but not on the wall. it also does not show up in plan view. I think I need to go to the visibility area, but still can not figure it out. Any tips?

sjsl
2005-04-20, 02:20 PM
How was the mirror created? Is it a stock family or something you created? If you created it, how was it done by generic wall host, generic model? If generic model, then you will have to place each one by using section and or interior elevation. If wall hosted than sometning is wrong with your family.

harkeychad
2005-04-20, 02:50 PM
It is a stock family that I got off of the web Library.

luigi
2005-04-20, 04:07 PM
I suggest including the mirror in an attachment, somebody will help!!!

beegee
2005-04-20, 09:35 PM
Quick note on making a painting....

Make a canvas and frame (simple panel spaced off wall) in a Revit Wall Based Generic family template, assign a material, and maybe some parametric dimensions , place on wall in plan view.
Find a suitable .jpg to use for a picture. Cut section through space looking at canvas, go to medelling tab and pick decal, select in your files the .jpg, click ok and place on canvas, resize as necessary with corner shape handles, measure the decal when placed then resize the canvas in family properties dialogue to suit, then render