PDA

View Full Version : Door visibility problem?

gnl
2003-12-15, 04:48 PM
I have 2 parallel walls with doors in each wall. (imagine a corridor).
I create a section between the 2 walls and in the section view I see the elevation swing of the door that is behind... :shock:
The section line intersects the door, but why is it displaying? see the 2 images I attached...
in the section, you can notice the 2 lines on the right... which belong to the door behind the section line...
any help on this one please?

gregcashen
2003-12-15, 05:29 PM
Revit has this problem. If you cut a section through a family, it will show the elevation of the family, not a section of it. The best bet is to move the section line away from the door swing or to use linework to get rid of it if you must have it right there.

PeterJ
2003-12-15, 05:52 PM
I think there is a switch/checkbox in the family editor or perhaps in the door properties that will allow you to address this. I don't have time to look it out now but a search of this forum will find a discussion of the same issue. I think it was answered by Chris Yearick.

gnl
2003-12-15, 06:13 PM
I haven't found the switch you talk about, from what I saw it seems that what Greg says is true...

will work around it...
thanx
ciao

beegee
2003-12-15, 10:04 PM
In the door family, select the opening and UNcheck the "elevation" transparent box on the options bar.

gnl
2003-12-16, 11:54 AM
beegee,
I had tried it but it didn't solve my problem... it's not the opening being transparent, it's the doors behind the section line being shown...

beegee
2003-12-17, 05:08 AM
From memory, it has something to do with the transparency setting which causes the door panel to appear to hide elements beyond if the door swing is cut by a section.
Open the door family and then go to 3d view and then put the cursor over the head of the opening and tab through until you get the "opening cut" selected. Check the option bar and see if the "3d" and "elevation" boxes are checked. If the elevation one isn't checked then that may be the problem.

Nic M.
2003-12-17, 08:13 AM
Thanks Beegee,
That worked for me

Maybe something for tips and tricks?

beegee
2003-12-17, 08:17 AM
Wait and see if its fixed in 6.0. :)