PDA

View Full Version : can you have different object styles?

Kaotik
2005-04-21, 04:42 PM
I'm trying to work in Revit with the inverted background and so far everything works OK-except i need the object styles in my 3-D view to be different from the rest of the views. the reason is because the objects all blend together with white edge lines with the shaded settings that i need in that view so i can see the different colors. but if i invert the object styles for the entire project, then all the other views shown in "hidden line" have black lines with a black background, which creates obvious problems. Is it possible to have different object style settings for different views in the same project? if so please tell me how-any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks again for your time,
Brian Andresen
Andresen Architecture Inc.

mlgatzke
2005-04-21, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure if this will help, but you can use Advanced Model Graphics within the View Properties and set the silhouette line to a heavier line weight to help "pop" the edges. Also, for non-perspective views, you could use view templates with different lineweight settings for the objects and simply apply the different view template for the view you would like different.

luigi
2005-04-21, 04:54 PM
I quickly read your post, so if I misunderstood you sorry....

You can, in your 3d views, override the settings of your lines to be which ever color you want. If you are later printing this view then you can put all back to by category

Just go to view property of the 3d view then to visibility and highlight all your objects and change color for projection lines...