PDA

View Full Version : Plan Options

stuntmonkee
2005-04-21, 09:07 PM
Hey guys, Question. And the answer might be in the question. . . .

Have any of you dealt with plan options on track homes. Extra bedroom, fireplaces, sinks, stuff like that? If so how did you handle it?

Is the ability to use revit's option abilities view specific? I don't recall on this one.

I could explain in more detail if need be, but I'm sure you guys understand what I'm doing, and some of the problems I'm thinking up.

Thanks
Stunts

suganya
2005-04-21, 10:17 PM
Have any of you dealt with plan options on track homes. Extra bedroom, fireplaces, sinks, stuff like that? If so how did you handle it?
Hi,
Creating different design options is the way to go. The tutorials is fairly simple and straight-forward to start with. Using design options is easy as well. One thing to remember is, to have only the components that wouldn't change- in the Primary option.

Is the ability to use revit's option abilities view specific? I don't recall on this one.
Yes, it is view specific. And you can control what you see in a particular view, by going to - View Properties -->Visibilty 'Edit' --> Design Options TAB.

Good Luck!
S

SCShell
2005-04-22, 12:09 PM
Hey there,

Yes indeed! Design options rock for plan options; however, there is one down side. Be aware that certain wall joins do not occure if you try to join corners of two walls which are in different option sets. You have to "over cut" certain walls so that any wall joins occure in the straight sections of wall, rather than at a corner. This just means a little more work having to include some of what you thought to be "primary" walls, which will now need to be included in whatever option your working on. You tend to duplicate certain walls several times in order to make every option look right since no item can be in more that one option set. (I just copy to the clipboard and paste align to same place.)

Other than that, design options work great. I use them for floor plan options during design since I don't want to wait to continue working on a project untill the Client decides which plan to go with. In addition, I use them for "additive/deductive alternates" on the CD's. You can create view specific sheets for alternate bid items and plan configurations. (Just make a "duplicate drawing with detail", and change the view properties to show which option set you want, and relabel the new view to reflect the option set used.

Good luck
Steve