PDA

View Full Version : Phase overide for surface pattern?

SCShell
2005-04-22, 12:23 PM
Hey there,

Simple question hopefully. I can not get the surface pattern which I selected (diag. lines) to show in my demo phase overide. The cut pattern and color fill works, but not the surface pattern. I did use a drafting by the way.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Mark James
2006-05-15, 11:48 PM
I have also encountered this problem. Spoke to our tech support and was told it is not possible to alter the surface pattern.

Apparently, it's a "feature" in Revit (????)

Surely it's up to the user to determine if the wish to override the surface pattern!

A project I am working on requires substantial demolition of existing ceilings, so it is important to visually represent the extent on the Ceiling Plans.

Does anyone know of a work-around for this?

archjake
2006-05-16, 03:17 AM
Ceilings are a pain! The only way that I know of is to make a new ceiling type that has a different ceiling pattern, or manually go in and do a filled region over your ceiling.

I'm not sure about overriding the surface pattern of a demo'd item. Have you tried the paint tool?

Mark James
2006-05-16, 04:11 AM
Using the paint tool to apply a different material (and surface pattern) to a demolished element does override the surface pattern in demo phase but it isn't phase specific, so it also changes the surface pattern in the existing phase.

Oh well.... that will have to do for now.