PDA

View Full Version : Line Patterns and Phasing

jcoe
2005-04-22, 03:16 PM
I have noticed that when I have views set up with different phases (new and existing) and when I switch between them, my line patterns change. For example, in my existing plan view I have soffits indicated as overhead lines but when I switch to my new plan the overhead lines is grayed out but it is changed to a solid line. I tried changing graphic overrides in both VG and phasing, but this is not helping. The graphic override in phasing changes it globally and VG has no effect. Is this the correct behavior or is it a bug or am I missing something.

Just a clarification. The drawings I am working with are exploded AutoCAD imports and the renovation/addition work is being done in Revit

aggockel50321
2005-04-22, 05:16 PM
The exploded acad lines are coming in as model lines, thus exposed to phasing, and the graphic overides associated with them.

Detail lines are not.

Not quite sure what you want to have left of the imported & exploded linework when you get done, but you might be better off to not explode the drawing, & then just snap revit detail lines over the acad overhead lines, & then turn the drawing off or delete it when finished.