PDA

View Full Version : Property Data Chart

mgallin
2003-12-16, 06:26 PM
I am trying to figure out the best way in Revit to display Property Data and am interested in finding out how others are handling this. In ACAD we would link an excel spread sheet with rows of information such as Minimum Lot Area, Minimum Yard Sizes, Maximum Floor Ratio, ect. The columns would show Required, Existing, and Proposed values. Should this data be added to the Revit database and scheduled? If so, what would be the best way to organize the data? I would prefer not having to draft up a chart with lines and text because reformatting it will be time consuming.

aggockel50321
2003-12-16, 06:51 PM
If you're generating the data in Excell, print the spreadsheet to a pdf, convert the pdf to a jpg, & import the jpg. Go to www.pdf995.com for a freeware driver to do the above.

GuyR
2003-12-16, 07:00 PM
I use a generic annotation that I place directly on the sheets. Has instance parameters for relevant fields.

Works well.

Guy

ps: With V6 formulae in shcedules you may be able to create something that's a little more automated.

David Conant
2003-12-16, 07:44 PM
If you want to use a Revit schedule to display this information, you can add as many parameters as you need to the Property Lines category. Use Settings|Project Parameters to add new instance parameters to the category. When you make a Property Lines schedule, the new parameters will appear on the list of available parameters. Add them to your schedule and place the result on a sheet. You can fill in the fields either on the schedule or by selecting the individual property boundaries and using the properties table.

mgallin
2003-12-16, 08:10 PM
David: How will adding the parameters to the property line category allow me to display required, existing, and proposed values in the schedule? Ideally the parameters would be rows and the values would be displayed in three columns. For the time being I have exported the excel spreadsheet to PDF and exported the PDF to DWG via Illustrator. It works but is a real pain. Attached is the result that I would like to accomplish within Revit.

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-16, 08:11 PM
I created an annotation symbol that uses shared parameters and labels to create a schedule like you've shown in your pdf. I place the symbol in a project and then fill in the blanks as it were...not unlike what you'd do in Excel what-have-you... I can post it later if you'd like to see it.

mgallin
2003-12-16, 08:18 PM
Steve - If you wouldn't mind posting your annotation symbol I would love to see how it works.

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-16, 08:59 PM
Here it is, I was wrong, I didn't use shared parameters. It's just got a long list of instance based parameters that then allow you to edit directly once placed in a project.

Once loaded, on the design bar, select Drafting, then Symbol. You can place the symbol on a sheet directly, or a drafting view...well, any view really. Select the symbol and the fields you can edit are "obvious".

Very simply it is perfectly analogous to the good ole AutoCAD block w/ attributes!

Hope it helps

travismv702230
2009-02-26, 08:12 PM
I realize that I am digging the depths of threads to try to figure something out here. I am doing a little Pre-Design exercise and, I want to assign/calculate the maximum Floor Area Ratio for several options. I went to AU this year, and I'm trying to go back through my notes for Cyril's class on Schedules for all Phases and Dave Baldacchino's Fuzzy Math class. I figure that between the ideas in those two classes I should be able to come up with something.

I have a Mass (Mass Floor) for the different options and the property (with it's area) is already set up in Revit.

Has anyone tackled this issue before that would be willing to share some advice?

Thanks!
Travis