PDA

View Full Version : Typical elevations?

patricks
2005-04-23, 06:52 PM
Is there a way to do a typical elevation, such as an interior casework elevation, and be able to reference that elevation everywhere that casework happens?

I know I could just make an elevation symbol w/ drafting lines and place it everywhere, but I'd like to be able to click on the symbol at any location where the elevation occurs, and have it take me to the typical elevation.

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-23, 07:15 PM
Is there a way to do a typical elevation, such as an interior casework elevation, and be able to reference that elevation everywhere that casework happens?

I know I could just make an elevation symbol w/ drafting lines and place it everywhere, but I'd like to be able to click on the symbol at any location where the elevation occurs, and have it take me to the typical elevation.You bet... When you choose to create a new elevation there is an option to refer to existing view on the options bar, check it, then choose the view you want from the pull down list. Just take care to pick the right one. If you guess wrong you have to start over. Also this is the only way annotation can point to the wrong detail or view in Revit.

patricks
2005-04-28, 01:53 PM
ah excellent, I never noticed that option was available for elevations. :)

One problem I did notice, though, is that if the elevation annotation type has a label attached to it, like SIM, and the elevation points down on the sheet, the SIM label covers up the elevation number that's out beside the arrow, since the label always goes to the right of the annotation, but the elevation number always goes counterclockwise adjacent to the arrow.

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-28, 01:59 PM
ah excellent, I never noticed that option was available for elevations. :)

One problem I did notice, though, is that if the elevation annotation type has a label attached to it, like SIM, and the elevation points down on the sheet, the SIM label covers up the elevation number that's out beside the arrow, since the label always goes to the right of the annotation, but the elevation number always goes counterclockwise adjacent to the arrow.Yes, it's a family bug and since it is still a system family, we can't fix it without turning off the suffix.