PDA

View Full Version : Columns insert at a 0 level and not my floor level

wingman
2005-04-25, 04:56 PM
My project is set up with my first floor level at 100'-0". When I insert this column into my project it puts it at a 0'-0" level. It will not let me move it up after I insert it. When I look at it's properties, it shows the correct top and bottom constraint's.

How do I insert this column into my project and have it where it is supposed to be.

I downloaded this column and modified it slightly, but even the original I downloaded acts the same way, so I am sure that it is not because I modified its shape.

Thanks for any help.

bowlingbrad
2005-04-25, 06:21 PM
I can't duplicate your problem. Maybe post a portion of the project that is in question. You may need to try to use the Relocate Project tool in the Settings Pulldown.

On a side note, I updated your column to snap to attach itself to the top level. This way you can have a column cap level and the top of the column will move with it. (I deleted the height param from your family and locked the top ref plane to the upper level.)

If you decide to use this column, please flex and test accordingly! ;-)

HTH

sbrown
2005-04-25, 07:25 PM
I've seen this many times, try open the family and align the bot. extrusion to the bot. ref. plane, then align and lock that ref plane, the ref. level. line.