PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Filled Regions?

ctc
2005-04-25, 09:45 PM
How do you transfer filled regions from one project to another without copying and pasting each one?

beegee
2005-04-25, 09:52 PM
You can use Transfer Project Standards to transfer Fill Patterns and Fill region Types between projects, but Fill regions ( a shape defining the extent of a fill pattern ) will need to be copied as these are unique elements.

ctc
2005-04-25, 10:16 PM
You can use Transfer Project Standards to transfer Fill Patterns and Fill region Types between projects, but Fill regions ( a shape defining the extent of a fill pattern ) will need to be copied as these are unique elements.

Yes, but my interest is in transfering the fill region 2d material indication, not the shape used in a particular application.

According to your reply It appears that copy and paste is the only way. Thank you.

beegee
2005-04-25, 10:18 PM
No, Transfer Project Standards, transfers the 2D pattern definition.

TPS also transfers wall types and material definitions, which may be what you are referring to.

ctc
2005-04-25, 10:38 PM
No, I am referring to System Family: Filled Region, not Fill Patterns.

stuntmonkee
2005-04-26, 12:26 AM
there is an option for "Filled Region Types" and "Fill Patterns"

Have you used "Transfer Project Standards" before? it can be pretty powerful, so make sure you don't just start hittin ok all over the place or you can loose some work. . . .not that I'm speaking from experience :Oops: