PDA

View Full Version : Revit 8 - Revisions

sfraney
2005-04-26, 04:11 AM
Hi,

Has anyone had a chance to see if Revit 8 addressed the issue with Revisions not having the ability to do A,B,Cs?

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-26, 04:26 AM
...Has anyone had a chance to see if Revit 8 addressed the issue with Revisions not having the ability to do A,B,Cs?...To the best of my knowledge this has not changed yet.

gbrowne
2006-02-17, 04:51 PM
I did a search for solutions to the revision thing, and this came up.

So to continue the discussion, I am looking for a way to:

1: Automatically have my sheet revision appear on the sheet in the corner beside, but seperate from, the drawing sheet number.

2: Have the revisions using letters, not numbers. ( I know its on the wishlist)

3: Have the revision schedule operate vertically, from just above my sheet info in the bottom right corner, starting at A, with the one above that being B, then C..

4: Have a automatic drawing issue register, rather than a current drawing list, which shows what has been issued and when, to whom, etc. over the course of the project.

All the tools are almost there already to do this, but seem somehow unconnected. I think this is quite an important subject, given that we all do revisions all the time. One of the amazing things about Revit is that it is all connected in the same project file, so I think its odd that something so ordinary as revisions aren't working as good as everything else is. BIM, but without the I...

Alternatively I would love somebody to point me in the right direction here. I searched the help files, tutorials, previous posts, but they come up short.