PDA

View Full Version : Revit 8 System Requirements: RAM

pashley
2005-04-26, 10:14 PM
I was just out on the subscription site intending to download Revit 8, when I noticed that the system requirements listed 1 Gb of RAM. Is this really the minimum required? Most of our stations have 768 Mb. Will that work? (I've run the 8 Beta for awhile with no problem).

ilya.bass
2005-04-26, 10:28 PM
I was just out on the subscription site intending to download Revit 8, when I noticed that the system requirements listed 1 Gb of RAM. Is this really the minimum required? Most of our stations have 768 Mb. Will that work? (I've run the 8 Beta for awhile with no problem).

it depends on the sizes of projects you are working with. smaller projects need less memory, while larger ones... need more. The final release version uses pretty much the same amount of memory as Preview Beta under the same conditions. So if you had no problems with Preview Beta, you should be fine with final version if you are going to be working on the same projects.

juha-pekka.rindell
2005-04-26, 10:47 PM
So,
in comparison with version 7;

If the project was done in 7.0 somehow with 0,5 GB
would it slow down with 8.0 or is it practically the same ?

Mr Spot
2005-04-26, 10:48 PM
So,
in comparison with version 7;

If the project was done in 7.0 somehow with 0,5 GB
would it slow down with 8.0 or is it practically the same ?
I'd imagine it would be much the same

iru69
2005-04-27, 12:12 AM
With just WinXP, Revit8 and a 7MB revit file, I'm using approx. 440MB according to the Win Task Manager. My 7MB revit file is only in schematic design. It seems like a system with 512MB of RAM is just asking for trouble. While 768MB would probably leave enough room for small to medium projects, I can understand why 1GB would be the minimum recommended.