PDA

View Full Version : Missing help file

tatjana.dzambazova
2005-04-27, 12:57 AM
Hi all,

Some of you who have downloaded the morning build have reported problems with the help File. So, here the official explanation:

The first Web download we posted this morning included only a subset of training tutorials intended to ship. This issue has been fixed and we have a new downloadable release posted already.

You do not need to download the entire new build to get the missing files – you can go to the following page :

http://revit.autodesk.com/8.0/common/DownloadContent.asp?en-us

and download only the missing Training Content Files
(scroll to the Download Training Content Files and download the training file that you need (metric, imperial , common).
Once copied on your machine, you need to place that file under

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Revit Building 8\Training

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- The Revit Team

narlee
2005-05-03, 07:45 PM
That didn't work. Also, I can't get the tutorial files. Then I loaded the CD version and then downloaded the Web update and again lost the help files. So why don't you guys just fix the Web version? My goal is to get the latest build that also has the help & tutorials.

Please simplify by fixing the Web Download, or failing that, please advise correctly the location to save the Web Downloads of the Help and Tutorial files.

Thanks,
Geof Narlee.

zanzibarbob7
2005-05-03, 10:29 PM
Narlee,

Had the same problem. Here is how I solved it. Before downloading the web version, since I had already done that and got no help files, completely uninstall all other Revit versions. Then I went to Start>Explore and deleted additional Revit file folders associated with the program I just uninstalled. That way I had nothing to interfer with the web download.

Now, download from the web, 8.0, and all the help files and tutorials come with it.

Good luck!!

narlee
2005-05-04, 12:22 AM
zanzibarbob7,

You're a genius. And thank god for this forum. I "assumed" that removing the other Revit Building 8 using the Microsoft's Control Panel program would remove at least the major elements (but I was wrong). And, I "assumed" that choosing Revit's "Overwrite" buttons would overwrite the old stuff (but I guess I was wrong). As the old saw goes "if you want something done right, ya gotta do it yourself."

Thanks very much,
Geof Narlee.

david.kingham
2005-05-10, 10:38 PM
Would be nice if we could set the help/tutorial files to a network path so I don't have to worry about this, I still have the problem doing a network install, this is on a machine that had never seen revit before

TroyGates
2005-06-23, 02:17 PM
I figured out why none of my network installs were getting the tutorial help files. When I created the network install, I chose not to install any of the content because I have it stored on a network share. What I didn't realize until later is that the tutorial help files are part of the content package. I have redone the network install to include only the tutorials from the content selection and now all new installs have the tutorial help file.