PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Lookup actions

norrin
2005-04-27, 07:03 PM
Hey all,
First post here at AUGI.
Like the majority of people I like the dynamic blocks. But when I try to insert a lookup action I get nothing. When it asks me to select a lookup action I get this error after:
"object selected not lookup action" no matter what I pick. Now, when I go to the sample drawings and look at a block that has one in it, it works, but when I go to add one, it doesnt.
I'm using Map 3d and wonder if that may have something to do with it. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks

Mike.Perry
2005-04-27, 10:46 PM
Hi

Does this (http://mdouglas.blogs.com/in_the_dynamic_interface/2005/04/lookup_tables_n.html) help....

Have a good one, Mike

norrin
2005-04-28, 01:32 PM
Hey,
I looked at that already and it doesn't help because I cant even get that far. I never see dialog to populate the lookup table. Thanks for the reply though. I read a similar problem on the Autodesk discussion groups:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4819869

I think it may have something to do with Map 3d.

Thanks again,

db

mark.62793
2005-05-19, 05:14 AM
Ya seems like others in the verticals are getting this problem also. If I use my ADT as ADT as AutoCAD 2006 it works fine. I can not get my lookup table to open in ADT no matter what I do.

amy.stuart
2005-05-25, 02:19 PM
Okay either i am WAYYY to tired or just too frustrated. But I can not get my Lookup action to be visible. And I have found the "Read Only" option in the table, but it will not allow me to change it. Any suggestions on how to make this an option available?

mark.62793
2005-06-02, 12:51 AM
In order to get the Reverse Lookup option you need to have ALL lines of the lookup filled in. What I mean by this is If you have one lookup property and one linear parameter in your table all lines must match and be filled in. To test start a completely new lookup table and enter 1 value in your input property and 1 value in your lookup property. Then when you select the read only button it will change to "Allow reverse Lookup" when you hit the spinner. Now to get a Input Properties you need to select the "Add properties" button in the lookup table and add a parameter that you have in your block. Like a Linear or rotation parameter. Then match it with some values in the lookup properties.

Hope this helps...

mark.62793
2005-06-02, 12:52 AM
You can attach your block and we might be able to help you out a little more.