PDA

View Full Version : ellipses! ellipsi! Holy Cow! 6.0! 6.0!

hand471037
2003-12-18, 12:09 AM
They work in *everything* but as an extrusion path... Wow! This is gonna make more freeform stuff a whole lotta fun!

The new material browser serously rocks. The better dialog layouts help. The little rendering context toolbar buttons ROCK. A huge help!

Great. Just what I need, a major disctraction right before a deadline! :)

And the design options... woo... that's gonna turn some heads!

Great work everyone! 6.0 rocks!

(too bad zoog's site didn't get a spellchecker too... ;) )

beegee
2003-12-18, 01:17 AM
Whoaaaooolllliiiieeecow batman,

Did you just whip that up in 6.0, JMc ? Looks like something from Inventor ... ( duck ! )

hand471037
2003-12-18, 01:41 AM
Yeah, it does look like Inventor, but it's all Revit. :)

Now with the ability to use an ellipse as a profile and then offset & rotate it off of the center of the sweep/rotation you can get freeform NURBS-like forms in no time at all... wow... and you can use it as a void too. That little rendering I whipped up is simply a blend, extrusion, rotation, and sweep, with another void sweep cutting the other four. Took five minutes, tops. 8)

ita
2003-12-18, 02:09 AM
How about we all chip in and buy zoog a spell checker? :D

hj
2003-12-18, 03:23 AM
I can seem to find how to draw a wall as an elipse... am I missing something???

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-18, 03:26 AM
Sorry Hiroshi, that's not possible yet...they broke that to us at AU.

hj
2003-12-18, 03:27 AM
yet one more reason to go to AU....

thanks Steve!

irwin
2003-12-18, 04:11 AM
I can seem to find how to draw a wall as an elipse... am I missing something???

You can create an elliptical wall by extruding an ellipse in an in-place wall.

hand471037
2003-12-18, 04:38 AM
It's almost a Revit rule of thumb, in a wierd way: If something can be framed by a contractor using normal layout means, the Revit's 'native' tools usally can handle it. Case in point- curved & straight walls that are plumb. That's something anyone who swings a hammer could do, and so it's also somethnig that Revit does with a 'native' tool, the wall tool. But when you get into things like ellipical walls, or walls that aren't plumb, well, that's going to take more work, and as such it takes an in-place family. It certainly seems to be a theme within Revit; normal objects for simple stuff, in-place objects for complex stuff...

hj
2003-12-18, 04:38 AM
well yeah I guess... I was hoping to be able to draw elliptical walls with the wall tool. No worries though! I'm still enthralled by this program!

:D

MartyC
2003-12-18, 05:01 AM
JMcG

Maaate, that is too cool, gotta download 6.0 right now, thats done it, ruined Christmas. I was going to wait for the CD, nah, not now...........

Cheers M