PDA

View Full Version : Selecting only visible elements - View based

Michael Coviello
2005-04-27, 11:38 PM
Is there a way to select ONLY the elements that are visible in a given view? For example, I want to go to elevation view and select (by rectangular crossing) all windows on the first floor and move them up 6". What i'm finding is that the selection includes ALL elements within the far clip offset even if i'm in hidden line mode.
Not the end of the world but would be very useful since many elements are related. i.e. windows-muntins-shutters etc.
I know grouping these elements would do it, but it's not always set up that way.
thanks.

beegee
2005-04-28, 12:39 AM
Select in view using filter will select every element within the clip plane. To exclude elements in the distance, adjust the clip plane.

Michael Coviello
2005-04-28, 02:06 AM
I'll have to try tomorrow, can you adjust the far clip plane while the selection set is active?

Does anyone favor having revit select all elements ONLY in wireframe? otherwise the selection would include only what is visible on screen.
I'm trying to think of a case (elevations or sections) where i would want to select all the elements in the clip plane (unless i was making a total vertical shift of the building/level)
Since i also use AutoCAD, I'm used to the 2 crossing selection methods (solid rectangle and dotted rectangle)
This isn't a major problem, but just not WYSIWYG for me.