PDA

View Full Version : This is cool. Revit 6.0 is cool. :D

gregcashen
2003-12-18, 02:25 AM
Property Line Tags!

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-18, 03:23 AM
Subtle stuff...dimension line snaps for snapping in stacked dimension line spacing to a preset distance apart from one another...NICE.

Dimensions can display the opening height when the dimension is showing an opening...(German market focus, but COOL)

VIEW TITLES AND REGION doesn't MOVE AROUND...after you place them!!

Worksets...close a project and not save to central? Now you see a prompt with several options to save correctly!!

I Think there's more...better go back and check! :D

GuyR
2003-12-18, 03:25 AM
Instance parameters in family formulae !!!

hj
2003-12-18, 03:29 AM
don't forget shared parameters exported to odbc! That's huge!

christopher.zoog51272
2003-12-18, 03:32 AM
I really like this one:

Paste Aligned Options
Select by Name has been restructured to provide two options: Select Levels by Name and Select Views by Name.

The user now has more options depending on what elements were copied.
If the elements are all view-specific elements, paste aligned gives the user a list of meaningful views, including copies of the current view.
If the elements include both model and view-specific elements, paste aligned gives the user a list of views corresponding to levels (floor plans, RCPs).

When selecting levels, multiple levels can be selected at once.

Elements can be pasted in the Same Place to move them between Worksets or Design Options in a view.

niiiiice

Sharon
2003-12-18, 03:44 AM
ooooooh. That is nice. Just what we were looking for today. I can't wait to show the guys this stuff.
Thanks Revit team!

Archman
2003-12-18, 04:30 AM
I really like the fact that sections snap perpendicular to non orthagonal walls. Very cool!!!!!! :D :D

I take this back. Revit 5.1 did this. I just never noticed. Still cool though.

ajayholland
2003-12-18, 06:18 AM
How about that new icon to toggle through section heads? Neat! :)

Scott Hopkins
2003-12-18, 05:53 PM
I was granted my wish for an AutoCAD style right-left left-right selection. Nice little time saver. Sorry to all those that don’t like this. Trust me – you will learn to love it.

Formulas in schedules are simply tremendous.

Repeating Details! Repeating Details!

gregcashen
2003-12-18, 06:38 PM
I was granted my wish for an AutoCAD style right-left left-right selection. Nice little time saver. Sorry to all those that don’t like this. Trust me – you will learn to love it.

Ditto the ctrl-select and shift-deselect change. It may seem a pain at first, but boy does it make selecting lots of stuff much easier!

gnl
2003-12-18, 07:05 PM
keep it on guys!
we non english OS's will have to wait before we can install :( but this thread is very useful for finding new stuff quickly! :D
ciao

aggockel50321
2003-12-18, 08:10 PM
I can change / resize / customize the color fill legend!

Design options are a huge improvement.

Clyne Curtis
2003-12-18, 08:32 PM
Check this out! There was a slight delay when Revit attempted to pre-select an object in my model of almost 1 second and it was driving me nuts. Just when I am about to pull my hair out, up pops a message that Revit has detected the selection delay and suggested that I need to turn my graphics accelerator down, which I did. Now everything works great! I don't know if performance analysis is a new feature or not, but I thought it was totally kewl! GO 6.0!

Clyne

beegee
2003-12-19, 04:44 AM
Just when I am about to pull my hair out, up pops a message that Revit has detected the selection delay and suggested that I need to turn my graphics accelerator down, Clyne

"Open the pod bay doors Hal! "
" I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that... "

Allen Lacy
2003-12-19, 01:48 PM
up pops a message that Revit has detected the selection delay and suggested that I need to turn my graphics accelerator down, which I did. Now everything works great!

That works fine for me too, except when I go back to 5.1 graphics are screwed up.

rhys
2003-12-19, 02:18 PM
Revit pop up say turn accelleration to none, try just reducing to say 50%, worked for me

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-19, 02:59 PM
I've been dropping it one notch at a time to see if there is any difference, so far at 75%.

narlee
2004-02-11, 06:54 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but...

1) It seems counterintuitive to get faster response by turning a graphics accelerator DOWN, and

2) Just to reinforce my display of ignorance, how would one do that?

gregcashen
2004-02-11, 07:01 PM
Right-click on the desktop, go to the settings tab and click the advanced button. Depending on your graphics card you will need to look around here for the tab that says "Troubleshoot" and there will be a slider.