PDA

View Full Version : Structural deck in v8

Aleksandr Sett
2005-04-28, 10:18 AM
Where find a family profile of structural deck for Revit Building 8?

Scott D Davis
2005-04-28, 04:07 PM
There's a repeating detail example of metal deck on the Revit Content Web Library, look for the Examples section.

It's a 2D detail component, not a profile, though.

Aleksandr Sett
2005-04-29, 07:10 AM
Hm-m-m... the Family has found in example Metric > m_rvt8_Curtain_Walls.rvt… Why then this (viewing image)?!

And why instrument Pick support? :screwy:

How include the “structural” function in floor property?

Thanks.

rhys
2005-04-29, 04:06 PM
Hm-m-m... the Family has found in example Metric > m_rvt8_Curtain_Walls.rvt… Why then this (viewing image)?!

And why instrument Pick support? :screwy:

How include the “structural” function in floor property?

Thanks.
He's right since when have there been floor families with embedded profiles.I've missed this they are not in the standard template or are they? How did I miss that. OK there seems to be a function structural deck that was there in v7 but where are the structural deck profiles to be found?

Aleksandr Sett
2005-05-04, 09:16 AM
Hi all.

Here is profile family… But it in principal does not work. Does Not cut other layer and on section is shown the utter ball :???:.

blads
2005-05-04, 09:51 AM
Here's two profiles that I used (in v7 & since upgraded to 8) of structural floor decks used in oz.

Aleksandr Sett
2005-05-04, 11:17 AM
Not that… :-( . As profile for extrusion - approaches. But as component a floor - no. This profile not make from closeted sketch…:banghead:

Aleksandr Sett
2005-05-05, 06:54 AM
No posting... :(. So there is explanation or no?!

rhys
2005-05-05, 08:26 AM
No posting... :(. So there is explanation or no?!
See this post does it help?
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10771&highlight=structural+floor+profile

The example posted seems to relate to using a structural beam assembly to produce a profiled concrete slab by joining to a conc floor slab. What it doesn't explain is how to use a profile in a floor family where a structural deck is selected as the function of a floor layer.

Aleksandr Sett
2005-05-05, 10:39 AM
See this post does it help?
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10771&highlight=structural+floor+profile

Oh-h yes, I seen …

But that, developers nothing can not say... Why introduce that causes displeasure and become deserted wasting of time for decisions :confused: .

JamesVan
2005-05-05, 11:19 AM
I see what he's trying to do here. Go to the Structural design bar and use the Slab tool. Then modify the structure of the floor family and add a layer where the function is Structural Deck. This only seems to work when you load the Metal Deck family posted above. It has a couple of options for "Deck Usage" - either 'Standalone Deck' or 'Bound Layer Above'.

This does not seem to generate a modeled or drafted condition for the deck in 3D or section. That would be sweet.

Aleksandr Sett
2005-05-05, 02:50 PM
Sick. Much would be sweet... but...

As well as have separate object of slab, rather then used floor.

Aleksandr Sett
2005-05-06, 07:39 AM
Yps-s-s... I am Sorry. I want to say "sic" rather then "sick" :( . Bad know language...