PDA

View Full Version : Sheets won't print to file

WolffG
2005-04-28, 12:16 PM
As Paul Harvey would say: here's a strange.....!
This has happened once or twice before, but I attributed it to operator error, but this time I checked.

I have a project consisting of 6 drawing sheets. I batch printed these six sheets to a plot file to be printed by an outside blueprint house. (using the "select views" option.

Five of the six sheets printed five, but one sheet was omitted (sheet # 4 of 6). I repeated this process several times with the same result. I then printed sheet # 4 by itself to a plot file and it worked fine.
The sheet setups were identical.

Any ideas what's happening here?

glen.85659
2005-04-28, 01:30 PM
I have found a similar problem as well. But i find that it sometimes happens when exporting to dwg. I have found that the only solution for me was to do each sheet individualy. I know that this is not the solution but it is less frustration than trying to work out which sheet is missing

Eric Stewart
2005-04-28, 01:33 PM
Do your sheet names include commas or any other "special" characters? That is the only time I have run into trouble. It is a known issue, I have called before.

HTH

As Paul Harvey would say: here's a strange.....!
This has happened once or twice before, but I attributed it to operator error, but this time I checked.

I have a project consisting of 6 drawing sheets. I batch printed these six sheets to a plot file to be printed by an outside blueprint house. (using the "select views" option.

Five of the six sheets printed five, but one sheet was omitted (sheet # 4 of 6). I repeated this process several times with the same result. I then printed sheet # 4 by itself to a plot file and it worked fine.
The sheet setups were identical.

Any ideas what's happening here?

glen.85659
2005-04-28, 01:40 PM
Do your sheet names include commas or any other "special" characters? That is the only time I have run into trouble. It is a known issue, I have called before.

HTH

There are no special items but there are spaces in the names. Could this be a problem?

Eric Stewart
2005-04-28, 01:42 PM
Spaces have never presented a problem for me. Sorry.