PDA

View Full Version : Error on Revit 6.0 install

mtogni
2003-12-18, 08:37 AM
Hi all,
I'm trying to install the newest release of Revit but with no result. Everytime I launch the Revit60WebInstall the process stop after few moments with this error msg: ERROR: No resource DLL found!!!
This happens on 3 pc (1 at home running WinXP home and 2 at work running Win2K sp2).
Is it maybe a matter of language (O.S. and almost all is Italian based)?
Don't know what to do, it's so strange...

P.S. At home and on one of the 2 at work is already installed a fully functional version of Revit 5.1 w/ no problem.

gnl
2003-12-18, 09:02 AM
I experience the same problem: same error msg...
Language: Italian
Revit 5.1 installed

please help!

PeterJ
2003-12-18, 09:07 AM
I'm pretty sure the press release said 'available for download in all english-speaking coutries immediately'. If you look at the instal dialogue you'll see there is no dutch content, no italian and so on.....

I think you will have to install as English for now and it may be looking at your machine to determine whether you are English speaking or not. IOt might be worth changing the international options in Control Panel temporarily.

mtogni
2003-12-18, 09:26 AM
Still strange..., I'm using a copy of Revit 5.1 English that runs with no problem at all on my italian based pc.
I know at the moment there is no others internatinal version than the english but - as I wrote - even my 5.1 is an english version.
Maybe is it a new version of the installer that check or search for a english resource in my italian win2k/winXp?

gnl
2003-12-18, 09:53 AM
Changed the international options to english... same problem :(
somebody from Autodesk around to help?

fernando
2003-12-18, 11:20 AM
i finished downloading R6 now and find the same error
using WXPpro _ Portuguese language
who can find the missing dll and post it here

(by the way..some year's ago installing autocad12+Genius12 in windows 3.1 portugese i get a simmillar error...the anwser is to install an Microsoft DLL contained in the english version off Acess) could's this help

desesperatly seaking R6.................... :cry: :cry: :cry:

christopher.zoog51272
2003-12-18, 01:42 PM
Unforuntely, this definetly seems like an international issue (not like that :wink:) as no one in the states is having this problem. Must be something with international versions of windows?:?

I'm sure they are working on it.

slb
2003-12-18, 03:51 PM
We're working on a solution to the issue.

Hold off on attempting to install on non-English operating systems for the time being. I'll post another post when the issue is resolved.

gnl
2003-12-18, 06:57 PM
Thanks Steve,
we international users don't want to fall behind on the new stuff :)
We'll be waiting!

ciao

slb
2003-12-19, 10:05 PM
All,

A new build to correct the non-English installation problems, has been posted to the web.

If you experienced this problem, please download the latest build from the Autodesk Revit Download Center (http://revit.autodesk.com/download.asp). If you have not experienced this problem, you should NOT need to download the new build (20031217_2330).

If you want install it, however, just for fun, you'll notice a new installation feature that automatically uninstalls your previous version of 6, reminds you to uncheck the download content button during install, and automatically kicks off the new installation process. Upgrades should run much more quickly with this new process.

fernando
2003-12-19, 11:01 PM
uff.... :lol:
finally it works :P
thank u "revit" guys
great work

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-19, 11:11 PM
....that automatically uninstalls your previous version of 6, reminds you to uncheck the download content button during install, and automatically kicks off the new installation process. Upgrades should run much more quickly with this new process.

Grrrrrrreat!!

beegee
2003-12-19, 11:17 PM
I'm tempted to uninstall and reinstall just to experience the joy of it.

(joking )