PDA

View Full Version : Linework and column woes

phildebrandt
2005-04-28, 08:38 PM
Usually when I use the linework tool on walls, etc there are two blue dots that allow me to adjust the extent of the linework. This doesn't seem to happen on columns however. I have two columns that are hidden in elevation by a rail. When I try to adjust the linework the line shows right through the rail with no blue dots to let me adjust.

Anyone know why this is?

beegee
2005-04-28, 09:37 PM
Have you upgraded a file from an earlier to a later version ?

I just checked this process on both an architectural and a structural column in RB8 and it works as expected.

phildebrandt
2005-04-28, 11:10 PM
No the entire file was created from scratch. (Revit 7)

I also had some problems with not being able to move objects by adjusting their "temporary" dimensions. Revit didn't say anything about constraints, it just wouldn't do anything period. But this problem seems to have gone away on its own.

beegee
2005-04-28, 11:56 PM
Try loading just the column and railing into a new blank file, if the same problem appears, purge, save as and post it here and we'll have a look.

phildebrandt
2005-04-29, 04:45 PM
One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is the column is round. When I copied the column and rail to a new project; I also added a square column (one of the defaults that comes with Revit). I found the linework tool works fine on the square column but doesn't work right on the round column.

See attached file.

Has anyone else had this experience?