PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to un-extrude an object?

matt.bauer
2005-04-29, 01:04 PM
is there a way to "Unextrude" an object? I extruded a 2D box to have a thickness of 3/4"
Now i want to remove it back to a flat line. Any help would be appreciated

BrenBren
2005-04-29, 01:06 PM
is there a way to "Unextrude" an object? I extruded a 2D box to have a thickness of 3/4"
Now i want to remove it back to a flat line. Any help would be appreciated
I simply explode it and use the overkill command to get rid of the extra lines - but I am sure there is a different, more appropriate way :)

bbapties
2005-04-29, 01:08 PM
I simply explode it and use the overkill command to get rid of the extra lines - but I am sure there is a different, more appropriate way :)
I was going to suggest the same but I hate to suggest the explode command.....

I think you have to explode twice though....once to put ot into regions and then again to put it to lines......

BrenBren
2005-04-29, 01:12 PM
I was going to suggest the same but I hate to suggest the explode command.....

I think you have to explode twice though....once to put ot into regions and then again to put it to lines......
I think you are correct about that. I don't do it all that often - I'm a 2D kind of person - but that is what I have done when necessary :)

Chirag Mistry
2005-04-29, 01:37 PM
Try and use the flatten command in express tools

Express--->Modify--->Flatten Objects

might have use overkill after that

matt.bauer
2005-04-29, 01:47 PM
Thanks For the help. Explode worked and seemed to get rid of the solid properties
But i had to delete some extra lines in the iso view. so All in all Mission Accomplished

scwegner
2005-05-02, 02:28 PM
Try using "copy faces." Flatten can sometimes be inaccurate if it needs to do too much calculation.