PDA

View Full Version : Licensing 6.0

Tyveka
2003-12-18, 02:18 PM
Hi all.
I'm just a measley architect in my farm and I won't get the email that tells us how to activate our product. That goes to our IT guy and because he controls all the software and because he's on vacation right now (until mid January), I'm afraid my fully functional trial license will expire before I get it authorized.

If someone can PM me the details when you find out, I'd thank you.

I did post this over on the Autodesk Revit forums as well.

bclarch
2003-12-18, 02:28 PM
I suspect that activation codes are going to be subscription specific. Someone else's code probably won't work for you even if they were to share it. I can't imagine that your IT guy would plan to be out of the office that long without giving someone authority to access his email. You should check with the most senior person in your firm about this.

Tyveka
2003-12-18, 02:44 PM
I'm not asking for anyone's code, just details on what I need to do to authorize.

Like, would I just be able to call product activation and get things taken care of?

Actually, the only person who has access to his emails while he's on vacation is him.

We only have two copies of Revit here (though we're a big firm) and the rest is all AutoCAD. So I'm not really high on his priority list. Which means even when he gets back, he won't get to me right away. Which is fine for now but I'm still kinda mad that he didn't plan for it.

So I'm just looking for details, no codes. To clarify. I'm well aware that our subscription differs from others.

Paul Monsef
2003-12-18, 03:23 PM
It's a pretty painless process.

Go to https://register.autodesk.com/ and follow the directions.

You'll need to know the Serial Number,,,, and fill out a small form with contact information, then, you'll get the Authorization code... Print it out. (an email with the code will also)

Start Revit, Go to HELP>Product and License Information... Enter your serial number, Hit Register and ENTER your authorization code.

Hopefully that helps you...

Tyveka
2003-12-18, 03:48 PM
Paul,
That helps quite a bit. Thank you.
Now though, since we're on subscription, how do I find out my serial number?
I'd call my reseller but I'm not quite sure who we use. That's all up to Hank, our IT guru.

I guess this means I'll have to wait. Darn, I'm excited! I love the ability to turn temp dimensions into permanent onez. That's a feature I'll be using more than most.

slb
2003-12-18, 04:01 PM
My earlier post on Zoog, alt.cad.revit and the Autodesk.Revit discussion group pretty much says it all.

You "will receive an email with instructions on how to complete authorization of the product."

A portion of this mail will include your Serial Number, which was not required in the past to license the product, nor was provided to Autodesk Revit users.

Your reseller wont have it either.

Hang in there in trial mode for a little while, the mails will be distributed soon (and no... I cannot tell you how soon).

hdjohnson
2003-12-20, 11:56 PM
We are looking at getting another seat of Revit and our reseller is telling us that we have to buy the subscription to Revit as well as the product. Is this true? I thought you could just buy Revit without getting a subscription. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Dean Camlin
2003-12-21, 02:06 PM
So I received my serial number Friday night at 7:52 p.m. EST & just tried to register online, but there was some kind of error, so I sent in the html file as an attachment to an email.

But one thing for everyone to keep in mind: When the registration process asks if this is an upgrade, answer NO. If you answer YES, you'll have to provide the old serial number, which none of us have (at least, I couldn't find any for myself).

slb
2003-12-21, 02:54 PM
Dean,

Did you follow the instructions provided at the Download Center (http://revit.autodesk.com/download.asp)?

The document is linked from the download center and is called 6.0 Licensing Information (http://revit.autodesk.com/EN/6_0/documents/License6standalone.htm) on the download page.

Dean Camlin
2003-12-22, 04:24 PM
Thanks, Steve; the white paper explains where I went wrong: I did select the "Register and Authorize" option, not realizing that it wasn't supported for current Revit subscribers. My bad. :oops:

beegee
2003-12-22, 09:39 PM
No emails with new serial numbers here yet.

blads
2003-12-23, 06:40 AM
Yippee!!!

I got mine when I recieved my subscription renewal notice

bladams

aggockel50321
2003-12-23, 12:23 PM
I got mine yesterday. When I tried to register it within the software, I got an error message saying the auth. code was wrong. I was then re-directed to a web page, where I went through the process again, & this time it worked fine. :?

beegee
2003-12-24, 01:22 AM
There are some very unsettling rumours down here ( Asia Pacific Region ) about getting serial numbers for 6.0 from Autodesk Singapore.

I don't want to say more until I know for sure whats going on, but I would appreciate any users in this area posting here, or pm'ing me, if they have received their 6.0 serial number via email.

( Bladams, I see has his, but that could be tied in to his subscription renewal )

Thanks.

PS The rest of the world need not panic, apparently this is just a local issue.

funkman
2003-12-24, 01:56 AM
beegee, I am also yet to receive it. I have not chased up the reseller as yet, since I am in no real rush and in two days time I am away for a week or two. I will chase this up with them should I not receive it by the time I get back in the new year, after guzzling vino up the Hunter.

In the meantime I too will be interested to know if anyone else has their number from around this region.

Also - what will be the process with the laptops' serial numbers?

AbigayleAEC
2003-12-24, 06:52 PM
We are looking at getting another seat of Revit and our reseller is telling us that we have to buy the subscription to Revit as well as the product. Is this true? I thought you could just buy Revit without getting a subscription. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Your reseller is correct. I also work for an Autodesk reseller. To answer your question, subscription is always mandatory for each Revit license purchased. You must keep your license on subscription in order to receive upgrades.

Dean Camlin
2003-12-26, 01:43 PM
funkman asked:
Also - what will be the process with the laptops' serial numbers?

I just went through the licensing process with my laptop this morning, as my "laptop" license. It was the same process as with my desktop, but they generate a different "request code," which leads to a different authorization code in the online registration process.

beegee
2004-01-12, 07:58 AM
There are some very unsettling rumours down here ( Asia Pacific Region ) about getting serial numbers for 6.0 from Autodesk Singapore.

I don't want to say more until I know for sure whats going on, but I would appreciate any users in this area posting here, or pm'ing me, if they have received their 6.0 serial number via email.

Finally sorted out my 6.0 registration today.
Everybody in this part of the world should now have/ be about to receive/ their Serial Numbers, Request Code and Authorization code.
If not, contact your reseller.

funkman
2004-01-13, 12:28 AM
Not only did I get the serial numbers authorisation codes etc etc, but I also recevied the consent for my house today from local council.

double woohooooo !!!!!