PDA

View Full Version : New Build Posted

tatjana.dzambazova
2005-04-29, 10:13 PM
Hi all,

We have just posted a new build on the Web Download page. The new build nr. is 20050428_2300

We have fixed the issue with the corruption of the files that were created with the Beta Preview (excuses to all of you who had some issues with that problem) as well as some other issues that you have reported in the last few days.

Enjoy!

Tatjana Dzambazova (TeeDee)
Architect
Revit Building Product Manager

Jit
2005-04-29, 10:21 PM
Would you captured the line work by elevation depth in this release ?

sultarc
2005-04-29, 10:44 PM
I havent't had any problems yet. By what do you mean, beta preview? I downloaded on the day it was posted in the afternoon edst. Should I download and re-install???

beegee
2005-04-29, 10:51 PM
If you are not upgrading files that had been started in the beta preview version, there would be no pressing need to install the new build.

I havent't had any problems yet. By what do you mean, beta preview? I downloaded on the day it was posted in the afternoon edst. Should I download and re-install???

cadkiller
2005-04-29, 10:59 PM
I would download and reinstall the new build, since other issues have been fixed.
I can't believe they have a patch already and I haven't even received my CD yet.

christo4robin
2005-04-29, 11:16 PM
Outside of the beta corruption problems, what is the difference between the latest build and the cd build?

zanzibarbob7
2005-04-30, 12:21 AM
I haven't gotten my CD yet either but I appreciate the new build. I'll load the CD then download the new build as I have a few projects I have utilized the Beta version for and I trust this will alleviate me from having to load a project>rename, inorder to avoid the corruption issue.

Thanks for the quick fix.

christopher.zoog51272
2005-04-30, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the update tat,

The CD's seem to be a waste of time/money, there is always a newer web build out before the CD's even arrive. In fact, the last time I installed revit from a CD was release 1.0 ;)

Steve_Stafford
2005-04-30, 01:05 AM
The CD's seem to be a waste of time/money, there is always a newer web build out before the CD's even arrive. In fact, the last time I installed revit from a CD was release 1.0 ;)I find the CD useful to get the content deployed faster than downloading and piecing back together...other than that...

tamas
2005-04-30, 01:24 AM
Outside of the beta corruption problems, what is the difference between the latest build and the cd build?
I don't have a list, but I know that stacked walls join much better in the new release.

Tamas

Wes Macaulay
2005-04-30, 02:14 AM
I don't have a list, but I know that stacked walls join much better in the new release.

TamasCool - thanks for that

beegee
2005-04-30, 03:54 AM
A list .... would be kinda nice....

Nic M.
2005-04-30, 08:26 AM
Yeah a list would be nice

I also would like to say that the speed of the new web - download - server thing is fantastic
I just installed all the options and its great to see them comming in so fast
1 cup of coffee and installed +800mb on Revit files 8)
Thanks

Lashers
2005-04-30, 10:54 AM
Oddball question . . I have always downloaded the update and re-installed the whole shabang of template and families (thats broadband for you), but I am wondering if this is neccessary? Obviously I am only talking about within a release number, but .1 .2 etc.

FK
2005-04-30, 02:56 PM
Generally, not necessary. All files within one release are compatible. So, unless we have fixed the content itself, there is no difference.

Lashers
2005-04-30, 03:47 PM
Generally, not necessary. All files within one release are compatible. So, unless we have fixed the content itself, there is no difference.
Cheers FK, I that makes life a bit more straightforward.