PDA

View Full Version : Detail boxes OR Can I draw detail lines outside a crop...

dredhead1832
2003-12-18, 05:15 PM
... region?

Our office has these lovely boxes that go around all our drawings and details. Like this (low tech):

__
|__|

You may say - well just use a crop region and make it visible BUT - that doesn't work. Simply because the crop region isn't always centered on the drawing itself.

So - anyone got any suggestions for a better method of creatin Detail Boxes?

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-18, 05:27 PM
Like these perhaps?...I use detail lines on the sheet, with a view title that contains only the data labels...no lines etc. Then I have an annotation symbol that is configured for our NCS/UDS grid. I place the grid ID symbol, draft lines and move the view title into position. Now with 6.0 when I place the view title I won't have to chase it around my sheet as the view properties change...Sweet!

christopher.zoog51272
2003-12-18, 06:13 PM
Like these perhaps?...I use detail lines on the sheet, with a view title that contains only the data labels...no lines etc. Then I have an annotation symbol that is configured for our NCS/UDS grid. I place the grid ID symbol, draft lines and move the view title into position. Now with 6.0 when I place the view title I won't have to chase it around my sheet as the view properties change...Sweet!

Nice sheet steve. 8)

dredhead1832
2003-12-18, 06:58 PM
I use detail lines on the sheet

Oh... that's not automagic... very unimpressed.... ;)

Thanks, I think I'll use your method.

Toodles!

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-18, 07:22 PM
Sorry, sometimes simple and the "old" way just works! :wink: