PDA

View Full Version : two ver.8 problems-cant...figure...out-

Kaotik
2005-04-30, 09:03 PM
ok-#1-i took a photo of an existing site-the .jpg is 1.8 mgs and seems sharp- now when i drop it behind my model and render the scene at 80 dpi-the model looks like **** but the image is crisp.-heres what i dont get: i change the image size to 300 dpi and the model looks perfect but the image behind it now is distorted and looks horrible. whats going on? how can i fix that? ok next-

#2-i tried to export my first 3D DWF and it gives me an error saying it cant export the linked files-is that true? or is something wrong? I would hope it could export projects including linked files because that is not an uncommon thing to have, for here at least. Please let me know anything that will help and thank you for spending time to help me out!

thanks again,
Brian

beegee
2005-04-30, 11:54 PM
1. I'm not aware of anything that has changed between 7 and 8 that could affect background renders.

Is the background image RGB or CMK ? ( if CMK change to RGB )
Is the background a decal by any chance rather than the Accurender background ?
2. Linked rvt or dwg files are not exported to DWF.

knurrebusk
2005-05-01, 12:08 AM
Have you tried to set up a new camera, with it´s own settings from start.

Haden
2005-05-02, 03:34 PM
...took a photo of an existing site... i drop it behind my model and render the scene...
I'm just curious -- Were you talking about a perspective view rather than a plan view, and if so, what method did you use to align your view with the photo?

Kaotik
2005-05-02, 04:04 PM
-First off-thanks for the help so far-i really appreciate it!-

anyways-the view is a perspective view and the funny thing is i have a view close up and it renders with the background image clearly- its when i try to render a view thats further away when it has the problem-and both jpegs are the same size and clarity and both views are in the same project so i dont know whats going on-

also im sorry for thinking it was a newer version problem-i never had this problem before but if nothing changed in the rendering department then i guess it couldn't be that-

and what is the reason Revit cannot export a 3D DWF when there is a linked rvt? doesn't everyone have tons of projects with linked rvts in them? or is that just me? a lot of projects including more than one building i do the linking thing but if this is true then im going to need to start doing everything in the same project because i really want to take advantage of that new DWF option.

well, again thanks for the help and i hope someone can help me clear this up so i can move on to another project and get off this one :)

thanks again-
Brian Andresen

oh and the aligning thing is cool-i measured where i took the picture at in relation to a corner of an existing building i had on the site plan-then put the camera in that same place in relation to that same building and then set the sun settings to the same date and time i took it and thats it! the first few time i did this it was fun but now its getting harder to work my schedule to get the sun in the right place-but in the end its totally worth it :)