PDA

View Full Version : New Build for 8.0 - what does it fix?

Les Therrien
2005-05-02, 04:52 PM
anyone know?

aaronrumple
2005-05-02, 05:03 PM
I know of one fix.
In 7 if you make a generic model that overlaps a wall. Then use join geometry to join the generic model to the wall, the surface hatching of the generic model is over ridden with the wall's material.

In 8 the generic model's surface hatch is preserved as it should be.

One of my support issues I'm glad to see cleaned up.

janunson
2005-05-02, 09:02 PM
Embedding curtain walls in other walls has been improved as well - you can edit the parent wall and the embedded CW will stay aligned.

Or are you asking about the new BUILD of version 8 as opposed to the new revit BUILDING 8?

Steve_Stafford
2005-05-02, 09:21 PM
anyone know?The primary motivation was to fix the issue that those who used the "beta" release of RB8 would find their files corrupted when opened in the release of RB8.

beegee
2005-05-02, 09:29 PM
However, the intriguing part is TaDa's comment " We have fixed the problem with the corruption of the files that were created with the Beta Preview as well as some other issues that you have reported in the last few days."

Would be nice to know what these were.

Chad Smith
2005-05-02, 10:19 PM
Would be nice to know what these were.
We definitely need something like a link on the download page with a running list of fixes/improvements for each build.
Not everyone can afford to burn through their valuable download quota, and then there are those that are still on dial-up, and it would be beneficial for those people so that they can make an informed decision as to whether they should download or not.

Then there are those of us who are just curious.

bowlingbrad
2005-05-03, 12:10 PM
I thought the 'Release Notes' file would tell me. It doesn't. It just briefly describes new features. All AD has to do is add this info to the 'Release Notes' file.