PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD Map 3D 2006 - Adding custom buttons to the CUI

aharris
2005-05-02, 05:24 PM
I'm using 2006 MAP, but I think this is more of an AutoCAD General question.
Trying to figure out the new CUI thing. I see that AutoCAD still forgets to put the Layer Previous button anywhere. For me, the logical place to put the button has always been with the Express Tools (ET):Layer menu. I use to just add the command the menu. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to do that with the new CUI program.
Also, I have a button for Esc (for when I'm really lazy and don't want to touch the keyboard). I can't seem to follow what they are talking about as far as adding custom buttons.
Has anyone missed around with this yet?

Plus, I'm getting an error "An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application...." when ever I close the CUI. So even if I could do something, I'm not sure if it would save...

Glenn Pope
2005-05-02, 06:13 PM
Plus, I'm getting an error "An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application...." when ever I close the CUI. So even if I could do something, I'm not sure if it would save...
I get that error every time I have messed with Map 2006. Haven't really had time to look into it.

robert.1.hall72202
2005-05-02, 07:12 PM
The CUI seems like a great tool once you get to know it.......kinda of like a drinking buddy, drink too much and anything can happen.

aharris
2005-05-02, 07:31 PM
The CUI seems like a great tool once you get to know it.......kinda of like a drinking buddy, drink too much and anything can happen.
The more I'm playing with it, the more I'm hating it. One of those great idea's, but seems clunky and not quite right...something just missing with it.
Anybody else get the blue background or was that just Map?

Mike.Perry
2005-05-02, 09:08 PM
Hi

Please note I've *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2006 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197) Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

mhodson86803
2005-05-03, 03:29 PM
I'm running Autocad Mechanical 2006 and my CUI is all buggered up. It was fine for the first few days while I was learning how to customize it but then one day it stopped working. Now, if I try to open the CUI it gives me error messages and can't open the file. Also, when I shut down, it gives me all sorts of error messages about the CUI file. Luckily it loads the CUI files at start-up so I can still get my work done, I just can't customize.

Autodesk told me to reinstall but I haven't had the time to do that yet. From what I've been hearing, it might solve the problem on a temporary basis but it's likely to just happen again. It's a shame that we have to be the guinea pigs for Autocad's new programing system.

robert.1.hall72202
2005-05-03, 04:49 PM
Has anybody found which files need to be fixed?? Im guessing if you copy the right files from your coworkers PC or somehow find them on the discs, you could replace the corrupted CUI files with their originals. Could we avoid reinstalling?