PDA

View Full Version : authorizing

dna
2003-12-18, 06:52 PM
funny thing

i do have serial numbers that were given to us when we changed service and i went ahead to try to authorize 6.0 but i got an error that the authorization can not be completed online and i have to contact autodesk

are the old serial numbers that were given with 5.0 not accepted?
has autodesk changed the serial numbers so we have to get new serial numbers?
is it just that their server isn't responding to authorization requests right now? (has happened before)

Henry D
2003-12-18, 07:01 PM
Old codes don't work. I called Autodesk Subscription Center about this and they said they weren't issuing authorization codes for 6.0 yet - they would be e-mailing new codes.

BomberAIA
2003-12-18, 08:05 PM
Last week I updated to 5.1L and received authorization. When I installed 6.0 I just registered and it authorized my copy.

beegee
2003-12-18, 09:47 PM
funny thing

i do have serial numbers that were given to us when we changed service and i went ahead to try to authorize 6.0 but i got an error that the authorization can not be completed online and i have to contact autodesk

are the old serial numbers that were given with 5.0 not accepted?
has autodesk changed the serial numbers so we have to get new serial numbers?
is it just that their server isn't responding to authorization requests right now? (has happened before)

Henry's right. I tried the old serial number, it wouldn't work connecting to the Adesk server, I then emailed the files to them (Singapore FCS ) and got a mail back saying the serial was invalid.

Have to wait for them to email a new number, which is a worry at this time of year, what with half the staff away on holidays etc.

Paul Monsef
2003-12-18, 09:53 PM
Seems to me one should be able to log into the subscription site, go to View Coverage Report and look at any serial numbers they have...

then,,, you could get your auth. code from register.autodesk.com

I'd hope they keep that stuff up to date... :roll:

Gerhard
2003-12-19, 08:18 AM
Is it save to work already in R6?

Only 29 days to go till trial license will expire, minus the holidays!
Will Autodesk send to all which downloaded R6 a serial number, or do we have to do something, except using the much enhanced new version, or should we work with R5.1:oops:, since there may be problems somewhere in January?

gerhard