PDA

View Full Version : Idea for new poll

GuyR
2003-12-18, 07:05 PM
from the news.com.com article

Most architecture firms use Revit for the initial stages of the design process, Bernstein said, eventually shifting data to AutoCAD to produce the blueprints most contractors and clients still demand. But a growing number have shifted to an entirely electronic design process.

Find it interesting 'most' firms using Autocad for CD's. How about a new poll:

"Do you use Revit exclusively for CD's" Y/N

christopher.zoog51272
2003-12-18, 07:12 PM
from the news.com.com article

Most architecture firms use Revit for the initial stages of the design process, Bernstein said, eventually shifting data to AutoCAD to produce the blueprints most contractors and clients still demand. But a growing number have shifted to an entirely electronic design process.

Find it interesting 'most' firms using Autocad for CD's. How about a new poll:

"Do you use Revit exclusively for CD's" Y/N

ooo... Good one, but what if we expand it to: "How are creating CD's?"

A. Using Revit Only
B. Using Revit and Autocad
C. Using Autocad only

comments?

Z.

gregcashen
2003-12-18, 07:15 PM
It shoud be made clear that this is only for projects that are started in Revit. For instance, I do some projects entirely in Autocad, some entirely in Revit, some in Revit with the floor plan exported to my civil guy which then gets imported back into the revit file...I never export to Autocad and stay there.

I would use Revit, if for nothing else, as a project manager of my autocad based flat drawings because I can still manage relationships between drwings easier that way.

GuyR
2003-12-18, 07:27 PM
Ok, so it's almost % of projects using Revit/Autocad, something like:

approx. % of new projects exclusively documented with Revit

A: 10%
B:25%
C:50%
D:75%
E:100%

Guy

Steve_Stafford
2003-12-18, 07:29 PM
Foul!! Autocad/other (meaning poor ole Microstation)

GuyR
2003-12-18, 07:52 PM
Do we care about 'others'??:-) For me I want to see if Phil's right, are MOST firms doing their CD's with 'other' software. So:

Guy

BomberAIA
2003-12-18, 07:57 PM
I use Revit 90% for CD's and ADT as little as possible. I work on a lot of multifamily projects.

christopher.zoog51272
2003-12-18, 08:11 PM
Do we care about 'others'??:-) For me I want to see if Phil's right, are MOST firms doing their CD's with 'other' software. So:

Guy

I like Guy, we're going to run with it