PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Acroplot Pro and xrefs

Chris.Partin
2005-05-03, 08:37 PM
I have recently started using Arcoplot Pro in order to create PDFs of my AutoCAD files. Great software! Now, I'm having a problem when I am trying to use Pro and I have files with unresolved xrefs. Pro just won't create PDFs due to an error with the unresolved xref.

Now, if I go into the drawing that has the unresolved xref and use Arcoplot Jr everything works fine and Jr creates the PDF.

Simple solution would be to just use Jr but when I have 20 or 30 drawings I need to batch and they all have an unresolved xref that solution doesn't work. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

(please let someone else have this problem and not be just me... ugh!)

Wanderer
2005-05-03, 08:44 PM
I have recently started using Arcoplot Pro in order to create PDFs of my AutoCAD files. Great software! Now, I'm having a problem when I am trying to use Pro and I have files with unresolved xrefs. Pro just won't create PDFs due to an error with the unresolved xref.

Now, if I go into the drawing that has the unresolved xref and use Arcoplot Jr everything works fine and Jr creates the PDF.

Simple solution would be to just use Jr but when I have 20 or 30 drawings I need to batch and they all have an unresolved xref that solution doesn't work. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

(please let someone else have this problem and not be just me... ugh!)
I hope you don't mind, but, I'm going to move this from the AutoCAD general forum, as I think it would be better served here... thx

Brian Myers
2005-05-03, 11:08 PM
I let Will Munson know about your problem, he's the Acroplot expert in this place.

He can also be reached here if you are interested: will.munson@cadzation.com
His company, CADzation, produces Acroplot...

Will_Munson
2005-05-04, 06:16 AM
On the "Options" tab in AcroPlot Pro, scroll to the bottom.

Under the "AutoCAD Misc. Settings" there is setting called "Do not plot if XRefs are unresolved or unloaded."

Depending on what the users needs are it is either checked or unchecked.

That should do it.

Chris.Partin
2005-05-04, 01:57 PM
Thank you. I appreciate the help. I can't believe I didn't see that.