PDA

View Full Version : is the 60 day trial option gone??

Andre Baros
2005-05-04, 05:33 PM
Just switched to 8 and I have a user who spent the morning drawing before entering the license server info. Is there a way to get to trial mode to be able to save, or is the work lost?

Andre Baros
2005-05-04, 06:05 PM
Sounds like it is gone, demo mode no longer lets you save for the first 30 or 60 days. Bummer for new users. We lost a mornings work, but it's always faster to draw it the second time (an old Acad term).

gsHoeflinger
2005-05-04, 06:06 PM
There is still the 30 day trial but i am not sure if you can change it to that, if work is done.

Hoever to setup the trial mode. Go into the licensing section, change it to the stand alone license, don't fill in a serial number and select "register", from there select "run this project" and then "next"
That should put you in the free trial mode.

Hope that works

Scott D Davis
2005-05-04, 09:15 PM
Andre,

Sounds like you ran Revit in Demo mode upon setting it up, rather than authorizing it as the Trial mode. Demo = no save if changes are made. Trail = fully functional for 30 days

Your user should have read the 'readme' file about authorizing in Trial Mode.

Paul Monsef
2005-05-04, 09:30 PM
Sounds like it is gone, demo mode no longer lets you save for the first 30 or 60 days. Bummer for new users. We lost a mornings work, but it's always faster to draw it the second time (an old Acad term).
You can still activate the 30 day Demo... Just go to Help>Product License and Information; select standalone/locked and leave the SN blank.... Hit Register, and then Run the product.

Andre Baros
2005-05-04, 09:36 PM
We're all set, hopefully others won't make the same mistake.

iru69
2005-05-04, 09:51 PM
Your user should have read the 'readme' file about authorizing in Trial Mode.

Going the entire morning without attempting to save his work was the second mistake. ;)

Tom Dorner
2005-05-04, 10:05 PM
We had a user sart off in demo mode and sucessfully made the switch to trial mode in the middle of the day (during the active Revit session). It is probably also possible to use the portable license utility in the middle of a Revit session.

I guess they axed the 60 day trial in favor of the 30 day trial since the releases were coming out so fast that with a 60 day trial period you could use the program for a long time without having to pay anything.

Tom

irwin
2005-05-05, 02:00 AM
Just switched to 8 and I have a user who spent the morning drawing before entering the license server info. Is there a way to get to trial mode to be able to save, or is the work lost?
Since there were no saves in the session, the journal file should replay in its entirety. So,
edit out the exit from the end of the journal file and once you have a licensed version replay the journal file. It should reconstruct the whole morning's work.

ejburrell67787
2005-05-05, 10:53 AM
It is probably also possible to use the portable license utility in the middle of a Revit session.
Don't think this works - from my experience Revit has to be closed for the PLU to run happily. Can anyone else confirm that this is correct?

Elrond

aggockel50321
2005-05-05, 11:35 AM
Don't think this works - from my experience Revit has to be closed for the PLU to run happily. Can anyone else confirm that this is correct?
I can Elrond. I tried to run the PLU, & import the license twice in the past(version 6.x, I think) while Revit was running.

In both cases the license did not transfer, & the PLU stated that the license had transferred. I then had to call support, and re-register the software.

I have't tried it since...

fernando
2005-05-05, 11:47 AM
i had a similar problem
i install revit 8, and at the instalation choose demo mode
no i gone to put my serial number, also if i put a blank one, it reply me a erro message
sugesting to do a reinstall .....